On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, bensexton2 said:

@Audidane 4th year in a row? Sorry to hear. What is your stats and have you being doing anything different in each application cycle?

over 10,000 hours of experience as a cardiac sonographer (inpatient, outpatient and cardiac OR) with straight A's for prereqs. This whole process is beyond me at this point. Thanks for the kind words. Take care and good luck

8 hours ago, Audidane said:

over 10,000 hours of experience as a cardiac sonographer (inpatient, outpatient and cardiac OR) with straight A's for prereqs. This whole process is beyond me at this point. Thanks for the kind words. Take care and good luck

You could try contacting the admissions committee to see if they will give you any information on your application. I have heard from other folks that sometimes they will tell you ways to specifically improve your app. Re-taking the GRE, increasing your volunteer hours, etc. Good luck and if this is truly what you want to do, don't give up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 6:03 PM, lkrohn314 said:

You could try contacting the admissions committee to see if they will give you any information on your application. I have heard from other folks that sometimes they will tell you ways to specifically improve your app. Re-taking the GRE, increasing your volunteer hours, etc. Good luck and if this is truly what you want to do, don't give up!

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, jp2524 said:

Got accepted as well! Now I need help comparing CCBC/Towson vs. AACC/UMB programs....

Hey jp2524! Congrats on acceptance! Do you mind sharing your credentials? Also, I think you got waitlisted on CCBC? If so, I would choose AACC. I actually love AACC, I took all my prereqs there). 

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2017 at 9:22 AM, Yulik said:

Hey jp2524! Congrats on acceptance! Do you mind sharing your credentials? Also, I think you got waitlisted on CCBC? If so, I would choose AACC. I actually love AACC, I took all my prereqs there). 

I submitted both my applications for Towson and AACC on May 14. I got off the waitlist at Towson and was accepted. For my prerequisites, I had one B and the rest were all As. My overall GPA was a 3.53, science GPA was 3.4, and my Non-science GPA was 3.9.

Thank you for your opinion! I need all the help I can get to decide :) 

• Upvote 1

First off-- belated congrats to those accepted! To those who didn't, best of luck pushing forward. I had to try multiple times too.

On the Facebook front, we made one for our own class in late March to coordinate stuff before school started. The class above us had made a joint group with us beforehand to answer questions, and I'm sure that'll happen again after there's a confirmed roster for your class following acceptances and wait list stuff getting sorted out. 

I can try to field questions, but I probably won't be too responsive 'til I'm on the other side of finals.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...