• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FunkyMedic, yes the Campus Visit day is required. UC Davis does not have a traditional interview like many schools. Rather, they feel confident in their ability to evaluate applicants based on their s

I will be reapplying later this month. For those interested, the general timeline is as follows: July 15 (Application deadline) Mid-August (Confirmation that application has been received) -- the Sc

Just wanted to update those who haven't heard! Attended the UC Davis Pre Health Conference yesterday, and spoke with an individual from the adcom. I was informed that interview invites go out until No

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a "post-interview" rejection email. They thanked me for my "enthusiastic participation." 

Weird part is that I never attended an interview. I wasn't even invited to one. They also sent it as "Dear first_name" hahah. Kind of embarrassing on their part.

I have been accepted to three programs with more interviews to go, so I'm not too bummed about it. Especially seeing their recent PANCE pass rates... No excuse for that! Good luck to everyone interviewing though!

• Upvote 6
22 hours ago, HawaiianPA said:

Couldn't agree more.

Yes, I also agree. I think small group activities (like, 1-4 people) can be useful in some ways, but a *large* small group activity that lasts such a short time (ours was over in 15 mins after the elevator pitches) can't really demonstrate your critical thinking, leadership skills, etc. They used to have an MMI style interview, based on my friend who attended a few years ago, so they're probably trying out new strategies.

Anyway, I just received my invitation to complete a secondary app. I wonder how much they narrowed it down after interviews?

2 minutes ago, MountainsAndSkiing said:

Just received a "post-interview" rejection email. They thanked me for my "enthusiastic participation." 

Weird part is that I never attended an interview. I wasn't even invited to one. They also sent it as "Dear first_name" hahah. Kind of embarrassing on their part.

I have been accepted to three programs with more interviews to go, so I'm not too bummed about it. Especially seeing their recent PANCE pass rates... No excuse for that! Good luck to everyone interviewing though!

That's terrible! I just received the "Dear first_name" email too, I thought that was really unprofessional on their part and kind of added salt to the wound of being rejected. Anyways, congratulations on your future interviews, that's awesome!!