2017 Application

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, congrats on your acceptance!

I am starting to work towards the PA path again and UC Davis is my number one choice for multiple reasons, but I am concerned about the difficulty of getting into this particular program. I do not see them posting any stats inregards to their incoming classes. Does anyone have this information? Stats such as average GPA, HCE, courses taken. Things of that nature. Does the program focus more on HCE/PCE or focus more on GPA? If I apply with just the minimum pre-reqs, would I be a formidable candidate?

Any information would be helpful to see if I am even close at being a candidate. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, Nick91 said:

Hey everyone, congrats on your acceptance!

I am starting to work towards the PA path again and UC Davis is my number one choice for multiple reasons, but I am concerned about the difficulty of getting into this particular program. I do not see them posting any stats inregards to their incoming classes. Does anyone have this information? Stats such as average GPA, HCE, courses taken. Things of that nature. Does the program focus more on HCE/PCE or focus more on GPA? If I apply with just the minimum pre-reqs, would I be a formidable candidate?

Any information would be helpful to see if I am even close at being a candidate. 

Hello!

3.8 GPA, 4.0 Science GPA, ~3000+ hours PCE as a PT aide, ~200+ hours volunteer as a FF/EMT

I took Biochem and O chem 1 & 2, in addition to the minimum science requirements. My undergrad was BA in International Studies, with minors in German Language and Women's Studies - very non traditional here, oh well! I would research the core values of UC Davis, and pick out things in your background that jive with their mission, and strengthen parts that don't. For example, do you have underserved HCE or volunteer hours? This is really important. How does your background (academic and clinical) and life experience diversify and enrich your intended program? 

I took more than the minimum classes, so I can't say whether doing the bare minimum would be enough. But I would say that you are competing with thousands...

Go for it and good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last Thursday I was called and asked if I was still interested in the program (which of course I was) and they informed me that I was next on the waitlist and they anticipated having a spot open for me soon. I just received an email tonight with great news that I had been accepted! Do not give up hope! I am guessing I am not the only one that will be pulled from the waitlist this late :P

Hey guys! I wanted to see if everyone had already found housing and if you guys have any suggestions for where to stay / know of any rooms available. I just found out I was accepted off the waitlist last Friday and I’m scrambling to try and find a place. I wanted to post this in the FB group but I’m still waiting to get accepted. Thank you & I look forward to meeting all of you soon :)

• 4 months later...

Archived