UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

I submitted an app to UF, however, I don't plan on taking the GRE until July 6th, CASPA app is already in and verified, I know this will delay the reviewing of my application initially since it is incomplete according to UF, But am I still placed in a line since I submitted early and as soon as GRE scores are in I will get reviewed? Or does that mean when I get my GRE scores in I go to the end of the line again? If that makes any sense at all I would love some advice from any current students or alumni! Thank you!

My guess would be that your application is not ready for review until all materials are received, therefore your application will start being reviewed based on the day everything is complete. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 7:43 AM, Acap said:

Does anyone know what percent of people who get the second level email get an interview? 

That's a good question. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any firm figures. However, when you look at the numbers of completed applications vs interview slots, the rate is about 10%. Now, that number does include those who are rejected in the first pass, so it could be slightly higher. However, with how competitive each cohort usually is, I don't see the the number of first review rejections to be so high as to move that number significantly, so it may be around 15%. At the end of the day, this is all conjecture and my suspicion is that its probably still very close to 1/10 second level review applications get an interview. 

I cannot stress how competitive the process is and how tough it is to choose who to interview and who to give a slot. Most PA school applicants have done very well in school, usually while working in healthcare at the same time, and have stellar resumes. Whether or not you get in to a program, doesn't mean you aren't meant to be a PA or you have done poorly. Please keep in mind that it's usually a case of not fitting what the program is looking for, since every program is different, or a need for some pretty minor improvements in a certain area. 

All the best!

51 minutes ago, GreatChecko said:

That's a good question. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any firm figures. However, when you look at the numbers of completed applications vs interview slots, the rate is about 10%. Now, that number does include those who are rejected in the first pass, so it could be slightly higher. However, with how competitive each cohort usually is, I don't see the the number of first review rejections to be so high as to move that number significantly, so it may be around 15%. At the end of the day, this is all conjecture and my suspicion is that its probably still very close to 1/10 second level review applications get an interview. 

I cannot stress how competitive the process is and how tough it is to choose who to interview and who to give a slot. Most PA school applicants have done very well in school, usually while working in healthcare at the same time, and have stellar resumes. Whether or not you get in to a program, doesn't mean you aren't meant to be a PA or you have done poorly. Please keep in mind that it's usually a case of not fitting what the program is looking for, since every program is different, or a need for some pretty minor improvements in a certain area. 

All the best!

Thanks for the response!

How do I download the supp app in order to upload to CASPA?

That's a good question. The process has changed over the past few years, so I'll let one of the more recent applicants/students answer that.

When I applied, the supplemental app was actually on a UF hosted website and separate from CASPA. It appears that has changed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, lalatrap said:

I can't find it !! :(

Hmm... I really can't remember how I did it but I think I might have saved it as a PDF when I printed it. If you click on print and when the prompt comes up to print it you can save it as a PDF, I have a mac but there is a drop down menu in the lower left corner to save it as a PDF. 

Archived