UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, alc13b said:

I applied around the same time, so I was just curious. Congrats on the interview though and good luck! :) I shadow a PA that got his MPA at UF and he talks very highly of the program!

Good luck to you too! :) 
Honestly wishing everyone the best

The secondary review means you have met minimum qualifications. If you apply with too low of a GPA or too little experience or otherwise have not met minimum requirements, then you do not receive a secondary review. Keep in mind that not everyone is reviewed or interviewed in the order in which applications are received. Since the first round of interviews have not even occurred yet, it is way too early to speculate on your chances.

31 minutes ago, woodsters said:

The secondary review means you have met minimum qualifications. If you apply with too low of a GPA or too little experience or otherwise have not met minimum requirements, then you do not receive a secondary review. Keep in mind that not everyone is reviewed or interviewed in the order in which applications are received. Since the first round of interviews have not even occurred yet, it is way too early to speculate on your chances.

I never received a secondary review and I received an interview invitation.

It's a long, slow process. The closer to the fall we get, the higher number of applicants to process and things inevitably slow down. Interview invites continue through November, so communications may be scant until then. Hang in there! Waiting is the worst part of the process.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[mention=91795]GreatChecko[/mention]  I was curious what the dress code for dinner after orientation was, if there is one?   Also, for the 1st day of orientation, I plan to have khakis, a button up shirt/polo, with dress shoes acceptable?  I know they said business casual for orientation in the email.
The dinner will be at a local restaurant with current PA students only and is a laid back affair. You can come as you are, as the students will be pretty casual. To be honest, the timing is usually pretty close to the end of orientation, so you will end up wearing whatever you had on for that.

4 hours ago, JD2012 said:

@GreatChecko  I was curious what the dress code for dinner after orientation was, if there is one?   Also, for the 1st day of orientation, I plan to have khakis, a button up shirt/polo, with dress shoes acceptable?  I know they said business casual for orientation in the email.

Just to reiterate... The dinner for orientation is either going to be at a bar/restaurant called the swamp which is pretty casual, or at a place downtown that is a latin restaurant (cant recall the name although I went as a student). Most of the students are going to be there in scrubs or t-shirts/jeans etc. I wouldn't plan for anything super fancy in addition to the interview. Its very informal, no faculty will be there. It will just be you and the first year students.

I reached out to the committee via general email account in regards to my status, as I still haven't heard back about 2nd review vs. being declined. I was concerned as I've had several schools tell me there were issues with my transcripts based on how courses were listed. UF said that they will contact us if there are any issues. Just a heads up for everyone else, I'm sure that others have posted something similar.

[mention=91795]GreatChecko[/mention], any last-minute advice for those of us interviewing Monday?
Be yourself, give them honest answers not the textbook, cookie cutter ones. It's a friendly experience, they are not going to try to make things any more pressure filled than they already are. Also, other than getting a good night's sleep before your interview on Tuesday or Wednesday, take a quick moment to read your essay, to remind you of what you wrote and get you back in that mindset. They really did read it and will likely ask about it. Finally, go to the student dinner, it's worth the time and will give you a great, honest look at the program.

Congratulations and All the best!

3 minutes ago, GreatChecko said:

Be yourself, give them honest answers not the textbook, cookie cutter ones. It's a friendly experience, they are not going to try to make things any more pressure filled than they already are. Also, other than getting a good night's sleep before your interview on Tuesday or Wednesday, take a quick moment to read your essay, to remind you of what you wrote and get you back in that mindset. They really did read it and will likely ask about it. Finally, go to the student dinner, it's worth the time and will give you a great, honest look at the program.

Congratulations and All the best!

Thank you! :)

Archived