UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MattHatter said:

Does anyone know exactly in what form to send coursework that is completed after submitting CASPA? A screenshot of proof? Another transcript? 

Thanks

I sent in a transcript, and one of the schools also asked for an enrollment verification. I could get it online, but usually you can also ask the registrar's office. I think your best bet is to ask the admissions directly. 

I received a call from Karen today but I wasn't able to pick up because I had work and there is no service in my building. I'm concerned because I received the e-mail for first review on 7/31. Never received any word for second review. She just left a voice mail saying who she was and to just call her back. Has anyone had something similar happen to them? Judging from people's timelines, it doesn't seem like I should be receiving an interview call anytime soon, especially without a second review.

8 hours ago, MattHatter said:

@sunshinestar

care to share your application stats?

ie. GPAs and what not. 

cGPA: 3.98

sGPA: 3.99

GRE: V150, Q160, AW4.5

PCE: ~2,000 hours as a Patient Care Assistant, volunteer medical assistant at a homeless clinic and Athletic Training Aide

Volunteer: ~1,000 hours in many different things that were mostly long term

Leadership positions in multiple organizations

Shadowing: >100 hours with a PA, NP, MD, DPM and paramedics

Bachelor of Health Science from UF

9 hours ago, sunshinestar said:

Just got a call to interview!!!!

CASPA submitted/verified and GRE scores sent: 6/9/17

Initial Review: 6/19/17

Second review: never got an email about it

Interview offered: 8/10/17

Interview dates: 9/11/17 and 9/13/17

@sunshinestar approximately what time did you receive your call? I received one from her at 10:11 this morning but she left a voicemail to call her back because I was unable to pick up. 

Just called Karen this morning and have an interview scheduled for 9/11-9/13! So excited!

EDIT:
CASPA submitted: 7/21

CASPA verified: 7/24

UF first review: 7/31

UF second review: none

Invitation to Interview: missed call on 8/10 and official invite on 8/11

Interview Dates: 9/11 and 9/13

2 hours ago, nvocgka said:

Just called Karen this morning and have an interview scheduled for 9/11-9/13! So excited!

EDIT:
CASPA submitted: 7/21

CASPA verified: 7/24

UF first review: 7/31

UF second review: none

Invitation to Interview: missed call on 8/10 and official invite on 8/11

Interview Dates: 9/11 and 9/13

You heard back quickly... what are your stats? 

6 minutes ago, alc13b said:

You heard back quickly... what are your stats? 

cGPA: 3.46

sGPA: 3.29

GRE: verbal 153,  quant 157, writing 4

PCE: currently have 700 as a PCA and probably 36 as a medical scribe (just started), estimated to have about ~2500 by matriculation from both jobs

Volunteer: about 500 from various places and organizations

Had 2 executive board positions in two organizations (one being pre-health) and four chair positions-basically tons of leadership every year of college

Shadowing: about 70 with a PA

B.S. in biology from UF age 22

I do agree that I heard back really quickly so I was surprised that I received an interview...

On 8/11/2017 at 11:33 AM, nvocgka said:

cGPA: 3.46

sGPA: 3.29

GRE: verbal 153,  quant 157, writing 4

PCE: currently have 700 as a PCA and probably 36 as a medical scribe (just started), estimated to have about ~2500 by matriculation from both jobs

Volunteer: about 500 from various places and organizations

Had 2 executive board positions in two organizations (one being pre-health) and four chair positions-basically tons of leadership every year of college

Shadowing: about 70 with a PA

B.S. in biology from UF age 22

I do agree that I heard back really quickly so I was surprised that I received an interview...

My guess is that you have a great essay and it is backed up by a solid application and stats. GPA isn't everything for UF (not that your's is bad); they really do take it all into consideration. 

As for interviews and acceptances, everyone is on a level playing field. Of course, the interviewers look at your application, essay, and resume, but the sum of the interview process is given a lot of weight. That being said, everyone is very friendly and they don't go out of their way to amp up the pressure, so no need to start worrying now. Just prepare with the same diligence that took you to the interview.

All the best!

On 8/11/2017 at 0:33 PM, nvocgka said:

I applied around the same time, so I was just curious. Congrats on the interview though and good luck! :) I shadow a PA that got his MPA at UF and he talks very highly of the program!

Archived