UF 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

Hey all!

I wanted to kick off this year's application cycle thread. Good luck to everyone who is applying and especially to those reapplicants out there. As always, there are a few alumni and students lurking, so we will be sure to answer your questions to the best of your ability. 

UF is a great program that is unique not only because of its 30+ year track record of producing great PAs, but because of the unique atmosphere. Combine that with the stellar facilities and the city of Gainesville, and you have a great place to spend a few years studying. It truly is great to be a Florida Gator PA!

The past years have had great threads with lots of good info, but don't be afraid to ask the same questions. You might get a different point of view and maybe some updated information. 

All the best in the upcoming cycle!

pap.med.ufl.edu

-GreatChecko, C/O 2015, EM PA-C

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a first year applicant I'm really hoping to interview at UF. After attending an information session in March I fell in love with their facilities. The staff was extremely welcoming, and you can immediately tell the strong support the program provides its students. Here's to hoping.

Hey guys! I'm super excited to be going in the UF process. Fingers Crossed for everyone applying!!!

Out of curiosity... How is everyone looking so far? Here is my timeline

CASPA verified 5/12

Initial review: 5/15

2nd level review: 5/19

How do they notify you that your application is being reviewed?

Hang in there everyone! Waiting is the worst part of the whole process.

Keep in mind interviews don't begin until late August or early September. Thus, the first calls won't go out until late July or early August. Furthermore, calls for interviews will go out all the way until final interviews in late November or December. Thus, you might not hear much for a few months. It's a long and sometimes frustratingly slow process!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, once you're in the ADCOM process, which is sometimes termed "secondary review", it's pretty much radio silence. You will be contacted if they want more information/clarification, turn you down, or you get a call for an interview. To be honest, once you are in committee review, there isn't much else that can be communicated until a decision is made. If you don't hear anything, you can pretty safely assume that you are in the last status that you were advised. Of course you can contact to make sure they have your application if you haven't heard anything, or if it's January and you haven't heard anything, otherwise, you're holding in the queue until further advised. 

Unless they change the pattern, the first calls will go out in late July for the August/September interviews. Hang in there. 

Archived