• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MelissaW83 said:

Hi! 

Do you know that they are sending more invites out for interviews? I have been submitted for a while but have not received the email yet that my application is complete. Just wondering if I am completely out of the running yet. 

I'm sure they still are. They are holding interviews through September.

15 hours ago, MelissaW83 said:

Hi! 

Do you know that they are sending more invites out for interviews? I have been submitted for a while but have not received the email yet that my application is complete. Just wondering if I am completely out of the running yet. 

I'm in the same boat! Hoping they will be sending out more invites for this year! I got an interview last year but was waitlisted. 

So uh I guess they're pretty strict about the LOR requirements of 2 letters being from an MD/DO/PA/FNP? I have 3 letters total already submitted, but only 1 of the 3 is from a PA. Should I try to apply to apply anyways?

Probably to late for me to shadow another PA/get another letter at this point. Maybe I'll apply to this school next year if I don't get into any schools this cycle??

14 hours ago, Crusading Angel said:

So uh I guess they're pretty strict about the LOR requirements of 2 letters being from an MD/DO/PA/FNP? I have 3 letters total already submitted, but only 1 of the 3 is from a PA. Should I try to apply to apply anyways?

Probably to late for me to shadow another PA/get another letter at this point. Maybe I'll apply to this school next year if I don't get into any schools this cycle??

I would definitely try to go ahead and get another letter from someone who works as one of the professions that you listed, as well as trying to provide enough solid recommendations to hit my max limit. Are you applying anywhere else this cycle? Any program that you apply to will undoubtably want recommendations from health care providers, even if they don't require them. I would explore any options that you have and try to think back to any past relationships that may be able to provide you with one or connect you to a current provider. Do you have a longtime family practitioner that you have gone to for some years, or do you maybe know someone who is a provider from church or other organization that you are active in? 

Also, keep in mind that LORs aren't just about quantity, but about quality. If you have an outstanding recommendation from a former professor or supervisor in the medical field then that's awesome! Ideally, the LOR would come from someone who knows you for some length of time and can attest to your character, work ethic, etc. When I had my interview with Bethel, my LORs were specifically brought up, and one in particular was referenced. I have no idea which recommendation they were talking about, but all of mine were from people who I had formed a longstanding relationship with, and people who I got to know by either taking multiple classes under them, or working with them on a daily basis. 

Sorry for the long answer to a simple question, but I really do think that having a strong, solid set of 5 (I think that is the CASPA limit) LORs is pretty important in letting admissions get a better feel of who you are and why you would be a good fit for their particular program. Hopefully this one area doesn't keep you from applying. Please feel free to ask any more questions that you may have and either I, James, or any other of my classmates who read this board will be happy to answer them. Good luck! 

On 6/30/2017 at 11:58 AM, Bmax932 said:

I'm in the same boat! Hoping they will be sending out more invites for this year! I got an interview last year but was waitlisted. 

I am sure that more invites are coming. If I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know. Like I said on page one, I applied super late last cycle and got an interview for their last date in September, so I can't imagine that this year is that much different. 

17 hours ago, ugadawgfan27 said:

I would definitely try to go ahead and get another letter from someone who works as one of the professions that you listed, as well as trying to provide enough solid recommendations to hit my max limit. Are you applying anywhere else this cycle? Any program that you apply to will undoubtably want recommendations from health care providers, even if they don't require them. I would explore any options that you have and try to think back to any past relationships that may be able to provide you with one or connect you to a current provider. Do you have a longtime family practitioner that you have gone to for some years, or do you maybe know someone who is a provider from church or other organization that you are active in? 

Also, keep in mind that LORs aren't just about quantity, but about quality. If you have an outstanding recommendation from a former professor or supervisor in the medical field then that's awesome! Ideally, the LOR would come from someone who knows you for some length of time and can attest to your character, work ethic, etc. When I had my interview with Bethel, my LORs were specifically brought up, and one in particular was referenced. I have no idea which recommendation they were talking about, but all of mine were from people who I had formed a longstanding relationship with, and people who I got to know by either taking multiple classes under them, or working with them on a daily basis. 

Sorry for the long answer to a simple question, but I really do think that having a strong, solid set of 5 (I think that is the CASPA limit) LORs is pretty important in letting admissions get a better feel of who you are and why you would be a good fit for their particular program. Hopefully this one area doesn't keep you from applying. Please feel free to ask any more questions that you may have and either I, James, or any other of my classmates who read this board will be happy to answer them. Good luck! 

Honestly I think the LOR from the PA is my weakest. I've actually got 4 total now. I think the other three are pretty strong. 2 work in the healthcare field as a nurse and another as nurse manager and another was my supervisor at a volunteer program at a hospital. Unfortunately I can't think of anyone else I can ask or shadow at this point and get to know well enough to get a letter.

I'm definitely applying elsewhere so I will see how it turns out.

I mailed my supplemental application along with the check a few weeks ago, but I have not gotten any email saying my application has been received and the check has not been deposited. Should I be worried? I'm concerned that they possibly did not receive it. 

13 minutes ago, mf1215 said:

I mailed my supplemental application along with the check a few weeks ago, but I have not gotten any email saying my application has been received and the check has not been deposited. Should I be worried? I'm concerned that they possibly did not receive it. 

Same here. I'm not stressing it though. I figured that since they're dealing with snail mail and checks, their application processing cycle might be slower than most programs.

11 hours ago, JMGPAS1 said:

I am happy to announce that our most recent graduating class - 2017 - achieved a 100% pass rate on the PANCE.

Congratulations to you all such a wonderful accomplishment for both students and faculty. Hoping I get a chance to interview and be a part of class with the same pass rate! 

On 7/6/2017 at 11:19 AM, JMGPAS1 said:

I am happy to announce that our most recent graduating class - 2017 - achieved a 100% pass rate on the PANCE.

100% first attempt pass rate! 

For anyone who is considering Bethel, but hasn't applied this cycle, I would highly encourage you to do so. As evidenced by the success of our 2017 graduating class, we are fortunate to have great faculty and instructors who really invest in the students. Great things are happening here! 

5 minutes ago, PrePA404 said:

@ugadawgfan27 do you know if they are still invite applicant for interview?  I turn my application a month already but haven't heard anything yet.  

I have no reason to believe that they are not still planning to send out interview invites since we have multiple interview dates running through September. Just so I can provide you and everyone else who asked with the correct answer, I will stop by admissions early next week and ask. Just to reiterate what I've posted previously, I applied super late last year ( I think it was the last or next to last day they were accepting applications) and got the last slot to interview. Don't get discouraged. 

I will try to post an update early next week. We have been on a week break and are returning to a fairly heavy few days of exams, so forgive me if it's not until Wednesday or so until I have time to stop by and get some clarification. 

9 minutes ago, PrePA404 said:

Thanks!  I'm checking my bank acc everyday to see if my check go through but nothing yet.  I'm confuse about the shadowing form...  do I need to send in an additional shadowing if it's already listed on Caspa?

Yes, Bethel requires an additional shadowing form for each PA/MD/DO that you shadowed with. 

Archived