• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/29/2017 at 8:28 PM, MelissaW83 said:

Hi! 

Do you know that they are sending more invites out for interviews? I have been submitted for a while but have not received the email yet that my application is complete. Just wondering if I am completely out of the running yet. 

I just checked with admissions today and they are still sending out more invites for interviews. I wasn't provided with anymore details, so unfortunately I can't give an update on a time frame. I would suggest emailing admissions once your application is complete and if you haven't heard anything after several weeks. 

Hopefully this is a little reassuring for you. Sorry I couldn't get any more info. 

-Mike 

On 6/6/2017 at 2:04 AM, ugadawgfan27 said:

Oh, and just a general tip for everyone applying so that you do not make the same mistake that I did. There is a PA program at another Bethel University in MN. There is no affiliation between the universities. Be sure that when you fill out the supplemental that you are filling out the one from bethelU.edu. That's our school's site. According to the pleasant admission's coordinator who called me from Bethel University in MN it is a frequently made mistake. 

Wow, thank you so much. I DID THIS. Did they refund your money? 

I received an interview invite and in the email they said make sure you send your sup app and pay and I told them I had. Turns out, I had not due to this! You saved me. 

Also, to those that had to get additional recc's did you resubmit through CASPA?

What do you do with the shadowing hour form once you fill it out and do you have to have all the PA's or just up to the 40 hour requirement?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, GlobalPA said:

Wow, thank you so much. I DID THIS. Did they refund your money? 

I received an interview invite and in the email they said make sure you send your sup app and pay and I told them I had. Turns out, I had not due to this! You saved me. 

Also, to those that had to get additional recc's did you resubmit through CASPA?

What do you do with the shadowing hour form once you fill it out and do you have to have all the PA's or just up to the 40 hour requirement?

Thanks in advance!

I didn't receive a refund, but I didn't request one either. I was just happy that the lady from MN called me and let me know. Like I said, apparently it happens frequently. 

Yes, get your additional LORs done through CASPA. Since you asked, I looked up our admissions webpage and saw that there is a recommendation form listed. I do not remember getting any specific recommendation form filled out for Bethel. All of mine were through CASPA. 

For the shadowing form you need to fill out one per PA that you shadowed. You have to get the PA to sign the bottom of the form. Last year, I was told that the signature had to be original, and that you couldn't fax the form to the PA to have them sign. I would assume that hasn't changed, but you could contact admissions to ask. For me, one of the PAs that I spent a significant amount of time shadowing moved out of state. I had to mail it to her and just included a self addressed envelope for return. Once you get all of the shadowing forms just mail them to admissions and they will take it from there. 

The choice of whether to have every single PA you shadowed fill one out or just hit the 40 hour requirement is up to you. In a perfect world, I think they would like all reported shadowing hours on CASPA to be reflected in the verified shadowing form, but things happen and for me they understood. I had one PA that I shadowed a couple of times several years ago in undergrad. I didn't know him apart from meeting him those times and had no way to contact him to get the form signed. I didn't have a form from him and it was never really brought up. Granted I had well over 100 hours of verified shadowing across specialties, so that may have been why it wasn't a big deal. Try your best to get as many as possible, but if you can't get one and it doesn't represent a large portion of your hours then you should be fine. 

Hopefully I was able to answer your questions. Congrats on the interview! What date are you scheduled for?

8 hours ago, ugadawgfan27 said:

I didn't receive a refund, but I didn't request one either. I was just happy that the lady from MN called me and let me know. Like I said, apparently it happens frequently. 

Yes, get your additional LORs done through CASPA. Since you asked, I looked up our admissions webpage and saw that there is a recommendation form listed. I do not remember getting any specific recommendation form filled out for Bethel. All of mine were through CASPA. 

For the shadowing form you need to fill out one per PA that you shadowed. You have to get the PA to sign the bottom of the form. Last year, I was told that the signature had to be original, and that you couldn't fax the form to the PA to have them sign. I would assume that hasn't changed, but you could contact admissions to ask. For me, one of the PAs that I spent a significant amount of time shadowing moved out of state. I had to mail it to her and just included a self addressed envelope for return. Once you get all of the shadowing forms just mail them to admissions and they will take it from there. 

The choice of whether to have every single PA you shadowed fill one out or just hit the 40 hour requirement is up to you. In a perfect world, I think they would like all reported shadowing hours on CASPA to be reflected in the verified shadowing form, but things happen and for me they understood. I had one PA that I shadowed a couple of times several years ago in undergrad. I didn't know him apart from meeting him those times and had no way to contact him to get the form signed. I didn't have a form from him and it was never really brought up. Granted I had well over 100 hours of verified shadowing across specialties, so that may have been why it wasn't a big deal. Try your best to get as many as possible, but if you can't get one and it doesn't represent a large portion of your hours then you should be fine. 

Hopefully I was able to answer your questions. Congrats on the interview! What date are you scheduled for?

Thanks so much!

I started shadowing about 5 years ago and am only in contact with one of the 4 people I shadowed. So hopefully it will be enough as it is over the required limit. 

Seems like there are well and above more hoops to jump through with this school! 

As a conglomerate of all the schools I applied to, I had to have an academic, a PA and a supervisor in a direct patient care setting. Therefore did not have two from a PA/MD/NP. This is the only school that requires such a thing and do not really want another letter that may not be as strong as the others attached to all of my school apps. So I was wondering if there was a place I could send to avoid but that's alright. 

Thanks for all the insight.

I'll be there August 5th! Rec's on hotels or the like?

On 7/14/2017 at 8:20 AM, GlobalPA said:

Thanks so much!

I started shadowing about 5 years ago and am only in contact with one of the 4 people I shadowed. So hopefully it will be enough as it is over the required limit. 

Seems like there are well and above more hoops to jump through with this school! 

As a conglomerate of all the schools I applied to, I had to have an academic, a PA and a supervisor in a direct patient care setting. Therefore did not have two from a PA/MD/NP. This is the only school that requires such a thing and do not really want another letter that may not be as strong as the others attached to all of my school apps. So I was wondering if there was a place I could send to avoid but that's alright. 

Thanks for all the insight.

I'll be there August 5th! Rec's on hotels or the like?

I agree that this school seems to have a ton of hoops to jump through. I have moved and none of my shadowing experiences would be local for me. I guess I'll be mailing a bunch of forms out and hoping they make it to Bethel before my interview on August 19th. Very frustrating to me that it seems we are having to repeat half of CASPA. If they want the extra stuff I feel like they should have their own application process and we could have avoided the CASPA fee plus all of these additional fees. 

Hello! I submitted my CASPA beginning of June and mailed in my money order and supplemental about 2 weeks after and never heard from the school. Seeing people get interviews I'm worried that something went wrong? I tried calling but the program isn't very responsive, which is understandable since they have a lot to deal with. But I'm not sure what to do at this point. I never got confirmation from my CASPA either.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, cathieelee01 said:

Hello! I submitted my CASPA beginning of June and mailed in my money order and supplemental about 2 weeks after and never heard from the school. Seeing people get interviews I'm worried that something went wrong? I tried calling but the program isn't very responsive, which is understandable since they have a lot to deal with. But I'm not sure what to do at this point. I never got confirmation from my CASPA either.

I wouldn't be too worried, right before the first interview last month a new admissions coordinator was hired. So, I think it may be a little hectic down there. If I were you, I would maybe just call a few times throughout the day until you get her on the phone. She's almost always down in her office - but very busy. She's an extremely nice woman who i'm sure will help you, it's just a matter of calling at the right time.

From what I remember, the majority of the students who were at the first interview had their applications submitted early May if that's of any help.

I wouldn't be too worried, right before the first interview last month a new admissions coordinator was hired. So, I think it may be a little hectic down there. If I were you, I would maybe just call a few times throughout the day until you get her on the phone. She's almost always down in her office - but very busy. She's an extremely nice woman who i'm sure will help you, it's just a matter of calling at the right time.
From what I remember, the majority of the students who were at the first interview had their applications submitted early May if that's of any help.

Thank you so much, that does make me feel better! I'll keep calling!

On 7/19/2017 at 10:58 AM, utvol said:

So just to clarify, we have to resend GRE scores and transcripts? My interview invite said to make sure my GRE scores were sent but didn't say anything about transcripts 

My email also said GRE but no mention of official transcripts. Would appreciate any clarification!

3 minutes ago, jdesouza12 said:

My email also said GRE but no mention of official transcripts. Would appreciate any clarification!

They answered my email last night. They said both official transcripts and official GRE scores should be sent directly to the school in addition to CASPA for your file to be complete. 

1 hour ago, dhelgs said:

Hi! I am here from Arizona and will be interviewing tomorrow. Is anyone interviewing tomorrow? 

Not interviewing, but I'll be one of the students there. Try to relax (I know, I hated when people said that to me before interviews), and I'm sure you'll do great. We have a really good group of both students and faculty that you will meet tomorrow. We look forward to seeing you! 

It was nice meeting all the applicants this weekend. You guys did a great job. I was interviewed in July last year, and I know exactly how you guys feel. The waiting really sucks. But, you all should know something soon. If you have any questions, just ask. We should be able to answer anything. If not, we will help you find the right person. Good luck. Hope to see you guys in January!

13 hours ago, FuturePABeachum said:

It was nice meeting all the applicants this weekend. You guys did a great job. I was interviewed in July last year, and I know exactly how you guys feel. The waiting really sucks. But, you all should know something soon. If you have any questions, just ask. We should be able to answer anything. If not, we will help you find the right person. Good luck. Hope to see you guys in January!

It was great meeting everyone this weekend! You all were so nice and welcoming! I just received my acceptance letter! I can't wait to be back in January! 

Archived