Memberships?

• 2 weeks later...

People may hold memberships with their current jobs or academic programs that they put on their application. I left this section blank since I don't have any memberships. Some relevant memberships people invest in, usually after becoming a PA, include AAPA or JAAPA.

I got an AAPA pre-PA membership just to be able to put it on my application because I heard it shows dedication to becoming a PA but who knows?

When I interviewed applicants while as a student, I didn't really look at whether they were an AAPA member or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Only apply to a membership if your prepared to put the time in at conferences and events. Don't check a box to just say you did it. Admission committee can see right through this.

I would recommend AMSA (american medical student association), they do great workshops for application season. I would seek a membership to whatever specialization you intend on pursuing in medicine, like the American College of Cardiology (ACC). They publish great literature on the field and it shows dedication to the field of medicine. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone again,

Thank you for all of your feedback! 

Another question... has anyone every been on the website, http://www.physicianspractice.com ?? One of the PAs I shadowed regularly writes journals on this website. I signed up and made a profile. It says I am a member, but I never paid any dues. Is this a membership I can add onto CASPA or no? 

Thanks!!

• 5 months later...

Archived