PANRE, need encouragement

I just took the PANRE and it was AWFUL! I took the CME resources 5 day course and read a review book prior to the course. I got the median score or above on all of the take home exams. And I was projected to do well with the final score. I studied for 2 more weeks after the class. I feel so stupid after taking this test. It's ridiculous. I'm going to be so upset if I have to do this again :(

I take it on 5/31 and work in Family Practice/IM.

Can only hope that my studying and day to day challenges in medicine are enough.

The study sites I am using have already shown to be a bit out of date on certain issues. No doubt the inane questions will remain ---

what is the FIRST thing you would do?.......................... never a good start to a question.

Just hoping for 10 years to change NCCPA into something useful.

I just took the PANRE and it was AWFUL! I took the CME resources 5 day course and read a review book prior to the course. I got the median score or above on all of the take home exams. And I was projected to do well with the final score. I studied for 2 more weeks after the class. I feel so stupid after taking this test. It's ridiculous. I'm going to be so upset if I have to do this again :(

I took it in Dec and I also did the CME Resources class but the 3 day not the 5. I thought it was a waste of time. I also did the Babcock O'Connell book 5th edition and I used the question bank from them and also PANCE Master which I thought was the most useful. I passed with a pretty good score. It was worded weird though not like how I remember the PANCE but PANCE master was very close to the question structure and topics covered on my exam.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

I just took it today and have no idea how I did.  What a strange test.  I felt prepared going in as I had studied and took a PANRE review through HIPPO.  Did the tests on NCCPA and did well.  The sample test was no where near an example of the PANRE I just took!  Hope I passed.