Separation Agreement Advice

I have been with said practice 9 months. Supervising doc has lost one PA after 3 months but I've stuck it out. I have a job lined up that I cannot start for another month due to having to give said employer 90 day notice. I've obided by the contract specifics thus far. My last day this week, at lunch mind you, not even the end of the day, I was given a separation notice. Basically my s/p doesn't want to renew my malpractice to cover me for the next month so they are offering to let me out at 60 days as opposed to 90, which is in 2 wks. I am ready to go but I feel I'm entitled to my last 30 days of compensation due to not being able to start the new job earlier because of the 90 day notice due to my contract. My s/p could have approached this earlier with me, like when I gave them my written notice at more than 90 days out. Am I justified to negotiate the terms of said separation agreement since I haven't breeched contract and it states they must give me 90 days notice as long as I haven't given them reason to terminate without cause?

I once was in a similar position, with a 90 day notice and the week after I gave my 90 day notice they pulled me aside and said I would not be on the next schedule as they had hired my replacement

I reminded them that i was under contract for a 90 d notice and that expected to be on the schedule - never threatened to do anything beyond that - or offered for them to buy me out.....

I was put on the scheduled and maintained for the 90 days....

I'm fine leaving, as my husband starts his new job in our home state next week and I'm ready to go as well, but I want my pay and honestly feel it's cheaper for them to pay my salary and health ins for another month than renew the malpractice ins.

Archived