2017-2018 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...

What were your stats from the last cycle? Anything you would have done differently?

GPA: 3.7

sGPA:3.6

Hours of experience: 3500

GRE: q 150, v 154, 3.5

I would have applied earlier on in the cycle and scheduled my interview earlier. I already submitted my application and hope to pick one if the first interview slots available. You have a better chance the earlier you apply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rejected at 1930 tonight.

3.2 GPA

3.3 BCP GPA

3.7 last 60 credits GPA

16,000 hours as a paramedic, mostly serving the underserved on reservations

500+ hours volunteering at a food shelf

500+ hours non paid volunteer firefighter

150 hours shadowing

1000+ hours teaching 3rd & 4th year medical students and sometimes residents ACLS, high Fidelity simulation and the procedural cadaver lab, intubation, sutures and chest tubes.

500+ hours teaching government Dr.s, PA's and NP's emergency airway management

250 hours clinical emergency medicine research (volunteer)

Published author on emergency airway management

ACLS, Pals, Atls, nrp, ACLS and pals instructor.

Gre 300 total and a 3.5 writing.

It comes down to GPA, don't let anyone fool you. My references are known very well in education and medicine. My personal statement was over seen by a medical school Dean. With PA school being more competitive than medical school, GPA plays the largest factor. Good luck everyone. I'll be getting a different master's to be more competitive in future applications. This was my second year applying.

13 hours ago, kettle said:

Rejected at 1930 tonight.

3.2 GPA

3.3 BCP GPA

3.7 last 60 credits GPA

16,000 hours as a paramedic, mostly serving the underserved on reservations

500+ hours volunteering at a food shelf

500+ hours non paid volunteer firefighter

150 hours shadowing

1000+ hours teaching 3rd & 4th year medical students and sometimes residents ACLS, high Fidelity simulation and the procedural cadaver lab, intubation, sutures and chest tubes.

500+ hours teaching government Dr.s, PA's and NP's emergency airway management

250 hours clinical emergency medicine research (volunteer)

Published author on emergency airway management

ACLS, Pals, Atls, nrp, ACLS and pals instructor.

Gre 300 total and a 3.5 writing.

It comes down to GPA, don't let anyone fool you. My references are known very well in education and medicine. My personal statement was over seen by a medical school Dean. With PA school being more competitive than medical school, GPA plays the largest factor. Good luck everyone. I'll be getting a different master's to be more competitive in future applications. This was my second year applying.

I'm so sorry! I got denied last night as well (second time applying). I'm in the same boat with GPA. Good luck with your decision to obtain a different masters to be more competitive and good luck applying next cycle! 

• 5 weeks later...

I interviewed 10/3 and was accepted on 10/12! For those accepted, how long was it before you received the email confirmation to pay your deposit? Beyond excited to start! Also curious, what is your favorite thing about DMU that lead you to pick this program?

As far as timeline goes: at the interview day, you have lunch with current students. One current student interviewed and was accepted late January/early February. So it is a long process -- don't get discouraged! :)

Archived