WEST VIRGINIA University of Charleston 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ldarmst said:

Which interview dates did you interview with? Also, did they say how many others were getting called?

I interviewed on July 17th and 18th. They didn't say and I didn't even think to ask if any others were getting called. Good luck!

59 minutes ago, leafosterxo said:

Congratulations! You may not remember me, but I interviewed with you July 17-18, and I definitely remember you. You are an amazing candidate and wholeheartedly deserve this. Best of luck to you! 

Thank you so much! I remember you as well and you have such a good attitude and personality. I have no doubt that you will get in somewhere! Good luck!

Hey folks - don't put too much worry in the 'shining stars' thing.  There's no quota or rule on how they give early seats out, if they give anymore at all.

For the most part, they wait until the end of all of the interviews and award the seats to the candidates that they most feel represent our values and fit the program.  Again, my advice as always, truly be yourself and let your personality show to the interviewers.  Here at UC, they truly look at the person as a whole, not just a GRE score or number.

Good luck to everyone and I'll see you at the first night of interviews!

44 minutes ago, sig194 said:

Hey folks - don't put too much worry in the 'shining stars' thing.  There's no quota or rule on how they give early seats out, if they give anymore at all.

For the most part, they wait until the end of all of the interviews and award the seats to the candidates that they most feel represent our values and fit the program.  Again, my advice as always, truly be yourself and let your personality show to the interviewers.  Here at UC, they truly look at the person as a whole, not just a GRE score or number.

Good luck to everyone and I'll see you at the first night of interviews!

Thank you so much! Always nice to be reminded not to stress. As students you remember how this part of the process was! Is it around the first of September when we start to hear if we were accepted, waitlisted, or what? 

Haha, yeah I remember.  But I didn't say not to 'stress' because that's part of it all.  I said 'be yourself'.

I'm not sure when they'll start making calls this year honestly.  It depends on when interviews wrap up (of course) and we are still adding dates apparently.  For me, it was the end of August I believe, but that was two years ago.  If you've already interviewed, email Pam - she will be honest with you about when she thinks it will be.  Otherwise, ask her at the first day of interviews.  She'll give her best estimate.

Good luck with everything.

Yes I'm sorry I didn't mention that to stress anybody out! That was not my intention at all. I just remember last year when people were posting they were accepted I was confused as to why, when I was told final decisions would be made at the very end. 

Last year I received my wait list status via email the first week of September. But like JW said, this was last year and I'm not sure if this year will be different.

23 minutes ago, twototango said:

Yes I'm sorry I didn't mention that to stress anybody out! That was not my intention at all. I just remember last year when people were posting they were accepted I was confused as to why, when I was told final decisions would be made at the very end. 

Last year I received my wait list status via email the first week of September. But like JW said, this was last year and I'm not sure if this year will be different.

You're fine thank you for mentioning it, otherwise it would have been very confusing!

On 8/2/2017 at 1:50 PM, athompson said:

Hi everyone!

I am interviewing August 9th and 10th. Just curious as to how many individuals are in each group interview?

Last year it was about ~30 people in my interview group! I think it's about the same this year when I saw the candidates :) 

Archived