WEST VIRGINIA University of Charleston 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, HomageFist said:

How many people typically attend an interview session, and how many people tend to be accepted from these sessions?

Last year about 30-35 people attended each interview session and typically 1-2 people (think shining stars) were offered a seat from each session. However, the majority of decisions were made at the very end end after interviewing all applicants to keep things fair! 

Of course this is information from last year, and I'm not sure if this year it will follow a similar fashion.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:44 AM, twototango said:

Last year about 30-35 people attended each interview session and typically 1-2 people (think shining stars) were offered a seat from each session. However, the majority of decisions were made at the very end end after interviewing all applicants to keep things fair! 

Of course this is information from last year, and I'm not sure if this year it will follow a similar fashion.

Thanks!

On 7/14/2017 at 0:54 PM, Jdabrowski said:

When will the interviews be completed for this year?

I'm not sure! The last session was done in September last year. Since they don't participate in rolling admission necessarily, they try to be fair and accommodate everyone who has qualified for an interview.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:44 AM, twototango said:

Thanks so much for all your help! It was so nice meeting you and your classmates these last couple days. I especially loved that Monday was devoted to just getting a feel for the program. Very unique and spoke wonders to the kind of program UC is!

Following up on your post above - if we are not one of the 1-2 shining stars offered a seat from each session, does this mean it's unlikely to be accepted at all? Or is there still hope after all the interviews have taken place to still be accepted? 

2 hours ago, leafosterxo said:

Thanks so much for all your help! It was so nice meeting you and your classmates these last couple days. I especially loved that Monday was devoted to just getting a feel for the program. Very unique and spoke wonders to the kind of program UC is!

Following up on your post above - if we are not one of the 1-2 shining stars offered a seat from each session, does this mean it's unlikely to be accepted at all? Or is there still hope after all the interviews have taken place to still be accepted? 

Sorry I should clarify that only 1-2 are accepted at the first couple interview sessions. But not at all!!!!!!!! There is still plenty of hope. I only know of 2 people in my class currently that were "a shining star." Many people in my class were accepted off the waitlist, myself included! I know it is so hard waiting. 

I hope you enjoyed your time in Charleston. We are overjoyed that you chose to come see our program :)

11 hours ago, vucious said:

You must have awesome stats.  Do you mind sharing?

Grades: 3.6 non science and science, but over 90 credits of upper level sciences including calc based physics, calc1&2, biochemistry 1&2, pathology, immunology, genetics and psychology

Experience: 1600 patient care hours as a CNA/medical assistant

Volunteer: 80 hours including a medical mission trip to Africa

Skills: Fluent in Spanish 

19 hours ago, OaklandU Needs PA Program said:

To everyone who just attended the interview, how did it go!?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It was great! I loved the campus and the faculty seem like great people. They seem very dedicated to providing a great education for the students. I was nervous for the MMI's and the group interview, but they both went good and I became more comfortable as they progressed. I really enjoyed the two day process because it helped ease my nerves for the actual interview! Good luck to everyone else interviewing in the coming weeks!

14 minutes ago, ashkh1 said:

It was great! I loved the campus and the faculty seem like great people. They seem very dedicated to providing a great education for the students. I was nervous for the MMI's and the group interview, but they both went good and I became more comfortable as they progressed. I really enjoyed the two day process because it helped ease my nerves for the actual interview! Good luck to everyone else interviewing in the coming weeks!

Were the MMIs one on one?

I'm not sure how much information can be given about the interviews, but I was wondering for the MMI portion whether the interview questions were more geared toward general interview "get to know you type" questions or whether there are more scenario type questions? Or should we expect both?

1 hour ago, HomageFist said:

I'm not sure how much information can be given about the interviews, but I was wondering for the MMI portion whether the interview questions were more geared toward general interview "get to know you type" questions or whether there are more scenario type questions? Or should we expect both?

According to the email we got today (people interviewing Monday and Tuesday) it says to expect both. Each station is 6 minutes long, 2 minutes to prepare between rooms and lasts around an hour total.

Archived