WEST VIRGINIA University of Charleston 2017-2018 Cycle

Does anyone know what time interviews are on 25th? My email said 4:30-7 on the 24th but nothing about the 25th? Trying to look at flights, thanks!

I would call (or email) Pam and ask! Honestly she is so nice. I know she wouldn't mind helping accommodate you at all. We know how difficult it is to come all the way out here and want to make it as easy as possible for you!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would call (or email) Pam and ask! Honestly she is so nice. I know she wouldn't mind helping accommodate you at all. We know how difficult it is to come all the way out here and want to make it as easy as possible for you!

She is awesome! All the students and faculty I know or have met there are!!

Its my fourth time applying to PA school with over 10,000 hours as a cardiac sonographer. They just got my supplemental yesterday and denied me today.

Wow! That was quick. I think I submitted my supplemental on Monday, and I haven't heard anything yet.

Sorry to hear that. Keep trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely email to see what is going on. That just seems really quick to me :( Best of Luck!

Turns out its because I have no volunteer experience. that's because I have been working like a dog and retaking classes turning B's into A's as instructed. 

Turns out its because I have no volunteer experience. that's because I have been working like a dog and retaking classes turning B's into A's as instructed. 

I am truly sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how frustrating it feels. 

On UC's website under application analysis process, service is weighted as 15%- making it worth more than personal narrative (10%), references (5%), and supplemental application (5%). I hope you get into a program elsewhere this cycle, but if not, consider cutting back work to make time for regular community service that is meaningful to you (if it's within your financial means). Service is something highly emphasized by most programs, and I know of programs that require a certain number of community service/volunteer hours as well as required essays in the supplemental that explain the service. 

Good luck!

I am truly sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how frustrating it feels. 

On UC's website under application analysis process, service is weighted as 15%- making it worth more than personal narrative (10%), references (5%), and supplemental application (5%). I hope you get into a program elsewhere this cycle, but if not, consider cutting back work to make time for regular community service that is meaningful to you (if it's within your financial means). Service is something highly emphasized by most programs, and I know of programs that require a certain number of community service/volunteer hours as well as required essays in the supplemental that explain the service. 

Good luck!

I appreciate that. Thank you and take care. 

On 6/23/2017 at 8:51 AM, Audidane said:

Its my fourth time applying to PA school with over 10,000 hours as a cardiac sonographer. They just got my supplemental yesterday and denied me today. 

Audidane,

I am really sorry to hear that. You seem like a great candidate, and I really hope you get in somewhere. I'm rooting for you!

I am probably going to be driving from MN, would anyone like to split hotel room costs please let me know! Feel free to message me :) Can't wait to hear how the interview process goes for those of you going before me!

Correction was made after looking up flight costs and car rentals*

Just received an interview invite for August 9-10 as well! 

Question: Maybe someone who has interviewed already can answer this, but how do the clinical rotations work? Are you placed around the state and rotate to a new location every ~5 weeks or so? 

To all,

I received my interview invite today which is on August 9th and 10th! I am looking forward to meeting the interviewees and the current students. I'm coming from Michigan and will probably arrive early in the afternoon on the 8th. See you there and good luck!

Ryan

42 minutes ago, rvolk17 said:

To all,

I received my interview invite today which is on August 9th and 10th! I am looking forward to meeting the interviewees and the current students. I'm coming from Michigan and will probably arrive early in the afternoon on the 8th. See you there and good luck!

Ryan

Hey thanks for the info! May I ask when you submitted ? 

3 hours ago, MB1776 said:

Just received an interview invite for August 9-10 as well! 

Question: Maybe someone who has interviewed already can answer this, but how do the clinical rotations work? Are you placed around the state and rotate to a new location every ~5 weeks or so? 

Hi!

I'm not sure if the website has reflected this change yet, but the clinical director said that all rotations will be 6 weeks long now. The sites will be within an 80 mile radius of the school. Most of your sites will be commutable. One rural rotation is required by the school, and they do provide housing for the farther rotation sites. Does this answer your question? :)

Stephanie

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, AZDreamer89 said:

Audidane,

I am really sorry to hear that. You seem like a great candidate, and I really hope you get in somewhere. I'm rooting for you!

Thank you very much :) I appreciate that and good luck to you too.

14 hours ago, twototango said:

Hi!

I'm not sure if the website has reflected this change yet, but the clinical director said that all rotations will be 6 weeks long now. The sites will be within an 80 mile radius of the school. Most of your sites will be commutable. One rural rotation is required by the school, and they do provide housing for the farther rotation sites. Does this answer your question? :)

Stephanie

That's very helpful! Thank you

awesome! I submitted mine on June 19th. I'm hoping I will hear something soon. Congrats again. 

Well, I heard back and I will not be invited for an interview. I will talk with Pam to see where I need to improve. I'm guessing I wasn't invited because I do not have a ton of volunteer experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived