WEST VIRGINIA University of Charleston 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats!! When did you submit your caspa? Mine just got verified today! I'm so nervous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I submitted it on May 8th and it was verified on May 10th. I also received the supplemental application on the 10th. I submitted my supplemental application on the 11th and just got the interview invite today!

Congratulations! I am so excited to meet you!!!

And to answer your question- I know last year some people were informed they did not receive an interview invitation pretty early.

Thank you! Do you have any advice for the interviews?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

I don't mind!

Overall GPA: 3.90

Science GPA: 3.83

Age at application time : 20

GRE: 311 cumulative (153V, 158Q, 4.0A)

Direct Patient Contact Hours:

I had 720 at the time of application, but 800 now.

Shadowing Hours:

APRN: 62

PA-C: 92 (I am still shadowing as well)

Volunteer Hours:

348 total

Thank you! Do you have any advice for the interviews?

Just know that once you are invited for an interview, the program won't focus on grades or anything like that at the interview. It means we believe and know you are qualified! Once you get here, just make sure you focus on letting your personality shine :) We just want to get to know you! 

• I stayed at Four Points Sheraton (last year UC was able to get a discounted rate for interview candidates. Let me ask about that!) It was great because there was a free shuttle that took me from and to the airport as well as school.
  • Try your best not to stress out and relax. That way the program can see how you are as a person. I remember last year I met up with a couple interview candidates before my interview and it was so nice to decompress. No one will understand your struggles and dreams the way they will! 
  • Ask as many questions as you want. You're interviewing us just as much as we are interviewing you! We don't mind answering anything. 

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

Just know that once you are invited for an interview, the program won't focus on grades or anything like that at the interview. It means we believe and know you are qualified! Once you get here, just make sure you focus on letting your personality shine :) We just want to get to know you!

• I stayed at Four Points Sheraton (last year UC was able to get a discounted rate for interview candidates. Let me ask about that!) It was great because there was a free shuttle that took me from and to the airport as well as school.
  • Try your best not to stress out and relax. That way the program can see how you are as a person. I remember last year I met up with a couple interview candidates before my interview and it was so nice to decompress. No one will understand your struggles and dreams the way they will!
  • Ask as many questions as you want. You're interviewing us just as much as we are interviewing you! We don't mind answering anything.
Feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the advice! I received an email today that stated that there was a reduced rate for the Four Point hotel!

Thanks for the information! Are there any specific questions we should prepare for with the interviews? What do the mini interviews consist of?

Can't tell you anything specifically ;) Just know there shouldn't be any curve balls. Prepare as you would for any interview. Know your attributes well enough to talk about yourself and your experiences. The MMI's will be pretty standard as well. When I interviewed, I looked up examples of MMI scenarios/questions just so I could get an idea of what it would be like. Pam will tell you more the day before! She gives some helpful tips and explains more on what to expect. Wish I could tell you more, but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to share! You can always send an email to Pam or give her a call. She is so kind and very helpful. 

Archived