UTMB 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering, are there any out of state applicants out there? I'm just moved to Texas permanently but I'm not considered a resident for another year :(

I am out of state, currently living in Louisiana. Graduated high school in Texas, and attend LSU currently.

I never got an email saying that either but it says on my mystar account that its under review

It just says my application is complete with a green status dot for me. Is that what you're talking about or is there a place where it actually says "under review" for you?

Hey guys! I've submitted every thing and just waiting on news about interviews! From looking at old cycle's forums it looks like people start hearing in August and that a lot of them did not get under review emails. 

Just wanted to share my info-

Submitted: June 11th

Verified: June 13th

MyStar: June 19th

On 7/10/2017 at 7:07 PM, joshg333 said:

I just got verified today. How long do you guys think it will take to get the supplemental application? 

I submitted the first week of June and got my supplemental 2 business days later. Being that it is a busier time, it may take a little longer. If you haven't received it within a week I would send them an email or give them a call.

Oh no I feel late to the game, I have not submitted my CASPA (should have all my LOR done by August 1) so I hope I can apply soon. This is my first year applying, I didn't realize it was rolling admissions just going off the deadlines. Any suggestion on how I can speed up my process? It looks like some people add things to the CASPA after it's verified?

On 7/15/2017 at 9:51 AM, SavKidd said:

I have not heard anything at all I sent my application on 6/15.  Should I call or email?

Yes, I would definitely give them a call and find out what's slowing down the process. That's about 4 weeks ago now so you should have gotten your supplemental and my star info. They may just be backed up with a lot of applications, but never hurts to check.

4 hours ago, SavKidd said:

I have not heard anything at all I sent my application on 6/15.  Should I call or email?

Did you have all your letters of rec in on CASPA? They didn't contact me until I updated my CASPA when my last professor uploaded his letter of rec. Submitted CASPA 5/15, but didn't get the 3rd letter until the end of May. You must click the update profile on CASPA for new reports to be sent to the schools if I am not mistaken.

Archived