4 minutes ago, WonderWall said:

This page has gone quiet. I am wondering if there have been additional acceptances, rejections, or anything new to report?

I'm not sure if they have sent out all the acceptances yet. Or perhaps everyone sent an acceptance happens to not be on this forum, unlikely but still is a possibility? I don't think people who are rejected tend to advertise that on this forum. It is strange because we were told all the acceptances would be sent by the end of the December and this would be a very late notification of acceptance, clearly they have already met to decide.

3 minutes ago, kmm0706 said:

There are approximately 50 people in the accepted Facebook group. I’m not sure if that is helpful, but it seems that the class is full based on our page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There aren't people there from the previous year? Usually people from the previous year are invited to be on the incoming class FB page so that questions can be answered. also it's a class of 60 so if you take away 10-20 people its not so full anymore.

There aren't people there from the previous year? Usually people from the previous year are invited to be on the incoming class FB page so that questions can be answered. also it's a class of 60 so if you take away 10-20 people its not so full anymore.

There are 55 members and it seems like there are only a few members from the previous class, and some of them were in the MPH year last year, so they will be PA-1s with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Almortega said:

Hi,  I am a PA-1 and several of us are looking into this issue for you. I want to make sure I understand the issue correctly:  there are people who had interviews but have not gotten a letter of acceptance, rejection, or waitlist.  Is that right?  If not, what is going on?

By the way, it is correct that Erin took another job, but there’s nothing obvious “going on” there  She left on her own terms to take another position.  We just want to confirm there’s no administrative error that occurred     

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, deecee said:

Hi,  I am a PA-1 and several of us are looking into this issue for you. I want to make sure I understand the issue correctly:  there are people who had interviews but have not gotten a letter of acceptance, rejection, or waitlist.  Is that right?  If not, what is going on?

By the way, it is correct that Erin took another job, but there’s nothing obvious “going on” there  She left on her own terms to take another position.  We just want to confirm there’s no administrative error that occurred     

Thanks. 

I think everyone is just wondering if all of the acceptances have been sent out. Just based off of the forum posts it seems like there may be a few people who haven't received an email response yet. Perhaps it is just a coincidence but usually a couple of people post when they have received their acceptance letter and no one has really done that except for the early acceptances.

1 hour ago, Almortega said:

I think everyone is just wondering if all of the acceptances have been sent out. Just based off of the forum posts it seems like there may be a few people who haven't received an email response yet. Perhaps it is just a coincidence but usually a couple of people post when they have received their acceptance letter and no one has really done that except for the early acceptances.

***Please note this is my view alone, and not something official******

I think all of the acceptances and waitlist decisions have gone out. I can see the school running a week behind, but I can't see them sitting on things at this point.  It was my impression they did admissions more in a wave fashion this year, and left less until the end. 

But, if you interviewed and you have not received an acceptance letter, a waitlist letter or a rejection letter and you are reading this, let me know and someone will speak with Dr. Wright.  Administrative errors do happen.  

And it's really just reading tea leaves to look at the size of the FB group.  We have a few people in our class who refuse to be on FB and thus, aren't members of the group.  We have a lot of PA-2s in our group, and as I mentioned, 18 of us are in the 2020 group page.  And it's all very fluid - we had people who got off the waitlist in April who jumped in the group a week before classes started.  

This is a pretty quiet period until people firm up plans and start looking for housing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Taking a look at the calendar/schedule on the Wikispaces site and trying to get a feel of classes and exams. There's something called "Interim Physical Examination" for Clinical Assessment I that takes places between Exam 1 and Exam 2. Is this another exam to test our progress in between both of the other exams?

On 4/1/2018 at 7:16 PM, loftysea said:

Taking a look at the calendar/schedule on the Wikispaces site and trying to get a feel of classes and exams. There's something called "Interim Physical Examination" for Clinical Assessment I that takes places between Exam 1 and Exam 2. Is this another exam to test our progress in between both of the other exams?

Hey,

So if this worked like it did last year (and I have no reason to assume it would not), there are several multiple choice exams that test your knowledge of lecture material (what certain exam signs mean, for example).  Clinical assessment is a course focused on teaching you how to do a head-to-toe physical exam.  They teach it by body system, and it builds progressively.  The "interim" exam is you performing 1/2 of the full head-to-toe physical exam in a timed format.  It's actually a helpful way of making sure your exam skills are on track.  This is a big course for the summer.  Hope this is helpful

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/17/2017 at 2:24 PM, deecee said:

Hey Jabrosie20,

We started right after Memorial Day for the first semester.  Dual degree students start a little earlier.  And by "started," I mean we had orientation for three days Memorial Day Wednesday-Friday.  Classes started on the following Monday.  I would think it will be similar for you.  The program often does calendars, etc. later than folks like us might like - in other words, those of us struggling to juggle families, etc.  It can be a little frustrating, but they are pretty consistent year-to-year, so our schedule should be a good guide.

I put in less time some weeks than I should - but I would say I average 4 hours a night during the week.  I take all of Saturday and Saturday night off and do about 4 hours on Sunday.  It's a lot, but it is manageable.  I have maintained some semblance of a family life.  Some nights I don't study at all because I am too tired or I want to go out and see friends.  

The challenge with having a small infant will be ensuring your husband gets adequate sleep.  Sleep deprivation has been a struggle for me - we have class very early most mornings, so you need to get up at dawn and add commuting time in, and then a lot of days we don't finish until 3 or 4 o'clock (sometimes later).  It can make for some long days.  Having your parents or others help prepare meals and if you can focus on the baby will be a tremendous help to him.  What town do your parents live in?  Money is always a factor, but some commutes will be so lousy in this area, might want to bite the bullet and have him get a place closer to town when he needs to be at school.  A few people come from Baltimore and other places and it can be hellish -- don't know how familiar you are with the area and its many, many traffic issues. 

I am always here for a sounding board if he or you want to talk.  Feel free to DM me or write me at my email address.  

Congratulations on PA school and best wishes for your newest family member!

I know this post is from quite some time ago, but I will be starting at GW this coming year and was wondering what time exactly did classes start the first summer semester? I will be commuting via the green line (2 stops north of fort rotten or so) and want to know how much time I should allot/expect for commuting.

Start time depends upon the lecturer's preference and availability.  Usually 8:30-9:30, some days at 8:00.  Look at track work and delays - but I would say from your stop to the door at Ross is going to be about 60-75 minutes.  That's assuming  you transfer twice - once to red and then orange/blue/silver.  I used to come from there and would save a few minutes by getting off at Farragut North and walking. 5 minutes.