Arizona: Northern Arizona University 2017-2018 application cycle

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ecolvard said:

Since the planned interview date of Oct 23rd is only 11 days from now, should we assume they will only be interviewing in-state applicants? 

I don’t think you can assume anything. I’ve been offered interviews at other schools  with less than a week to make travel arrangements being from out of state. 

I just received an email from NAU stating I didn't submit a secondary application, however I know I did. I have the email confirmation to prove it. I left a voicemail with the program and am waiting to hear back from them, but I am freaking out. I hope this is just a big mistake. Any advice?

I just got the same email and I have screenshots too! I'm responding to that email with my screenshots. I also called and left a voicemail and might call the chair of the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59dfd7b647b75_IMG_39151.thumb.JPG.c67881d8db12a1a40b1dc9dd46cff7b6.JPG

Might I remind that actions are documented I was told. So, if you are constantly calling and emailing asking the status update of interviews and so forth, it is noted. Keep this in mind. Each application has a personal statement, additional responses to additional questions, lists of education GPA stats, references, reference letters, work history, volunteer history, etc. All of this is read one by one and it takes time, especially if there are over 3,000 applicants. Be patient everyone...

41 minutes ago, ellendiane27 said:

I just received an email from NAU stating I didn't submit a secondary application, however I know I did. I have the email confirmation to prove it. I left a voicemail with the program and am waiting to hear back from them, but I am freaking out. I hope this is just a big mistake. Any advice?

4 minutes ago, WildcatPA said:

Same boat! Had a heart attack when I got that email. Guess the system is having some glitches this year. I’m sure with several of us effected they will be pretty quick to fix things. 

3 minutes ago, RD_to_PA said:

Gosh I hope so!!

Oh no :( It's good that you guys e-mailed them. I bet it was just a mistake. You guys got this :) 

OMG I just received the same email! I KNOW I submitted the secondary application. It's honestly relieving to hear some other people are having the same issue, so I know it isn't me. I'm not going to let them take my $65.00 secondary application fee without hearing some answers - I'm crossing my fingers that it was just an honest mistake. 

Also - if you are responding with screenshot proof DON'T reply to the email because if you look closely the email is "donotreply". I'm afraid if you send it there no one will see it. Instead send your response to the official PA program email because that email will much more likely be seen. 

Kay just called me and told me she fixed whatever was wrong with my application. I also tried to squeeze out if I should look for an email in the next week or so and she said they are way behind so probably a little while until we hear still. 

Who is Kay? Every time I call I get Mary's voicemail.

Alright, got an email from Katherine Look, the program coordinator, who said that this was an error and had impacted a few individuals while they were reviewing applicants. She asked that if this has impacted you to please contact her so that it can be remedied. I have her email which I can pm you if this happened to you. I don't want to just put it out there because I'm sure she's already busy and would appreciate if we only contacted her with pertinent issues. Everyone can relax! Thank goodness!

4 hours ago, ellendiane27 said:

Alright, got an email from Katherine Look, the program coordinator, who said that this was an error and had impacted a few individuals while they were reviewing applicants. She asked that if this has impacted you to please contact her so that it can be remedied. I have her email which I can pm you if this happened to you. I don't want to just put it out there because I'm sure she's already busy and would appreciate if we only contacted her with pertinent issues. Everyone can relax! Thank goodness!

Edit: just received an email about this whole situation, so hopefully it gets resolved soon! 

[mention=138885]RD_to_PA[/mention] sorry I didn't get back to you right away. I'm at an interview in Cali. Kay is one of the program coordinators. She will be the one helping us schedule interviews once they begin. Did she contact you? If not PM me or I can PM you her contact info. 

No worries!! I got ahold of her and got it all figured out. Thanks for following up!

Archived