University of Toledo: 2017- 2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just received an email that they will be admitting 20 students in the fall. They had their Accreditation-Probation reinstated until March 2019 after they appealed. I just wonder if it would be a good idea to go to a school that has had accreditation issues so recently.

At the end of the day, they will have Accreditation-Probation by the time the fall 2018 class matriculates, and that's all you need to sit for your boards, even if they lose it again after..

What does everyone think?

I just received the same email! I guess I might give it a shot because I haven’t had any luck from any of the other schools that I applied to this cycle and plan on applying for the next one. But just to check, if we matriculate while the program is in Accrediation-Probation but by chance graduate if its not accredited anymore, we are still allowed to sit for the PANCE right?

1 minute ago, rpat11394 said:

I just received the same email! I guess I might give it a shot because I haven’t had any luck from any of the other schools that I applied to this cycle and plan on applying for the next one. But just to check, if we matriculate while the program is in Accrediation-Probation but by chance graduate if its not accredited anymore, we are still allowed to sit for the PANCE right?

Yes you will be able to sit for the PANCE regardless of accreditation once you are matriculated into the program. 

15 minutes ago, Mirabilis said:

Just received an email that they will be admitting 20 students in the fall. They had their Accreditation-Probation reinstated until March 2019 after they appealed. I just wonder if it would be a good idea to go to a school that has had accreditation issues so recently.

At the end of the day, they will have Accreditation-Probation by the time the fall 2018 class matriculates, and that's all you need to sit for your boards, even if they lose it again after..

What does everyone think?

I think you should apply. 

Received the same email. UTPA seems like such a great program. Although I will not be applying because I was accepted into my top choice , I say all those still interested should still apply. They are accredited and that’s all that matters. 

Good luck to you all and good luck on your journey to PA

Hey guys! I submitted the form to be reconsidered for UT! not sure if I will get in, UT said they wouldn't accept my AP psychology credit from high school, so I signed up to take PSY 101 at my university for this semester but I dropped it once they lost accreditation........ so not sure if I can still be consider but hey its worth a shot!!

11 hours ago, pipergasaway said:

Hey guys! I submitted the form to be reconsidered for UT! not sure if I will get in, UT said they wouldn't accept my AP psychology credit from high school, so I signed up to take PSY 101 at my university for this semester but I dropped it once they lost accreditation........ so not sure if I can still be consider but hey its worth a shot!!

I think they start in the fall, so you could probably take psych over the summer :). I'll need to do the same thing for my expired stats!

1 hour ago, AJC10 said:

I would like to submit the form for consideration also. Where is this located? For some reason I didn't receive any email correspondence about the accreditation issues although I did receive my refund for the supplemental application.

You should have recieved the reconsideration form via email from Roni. Check your spam too!

8 minutes ago, rpat11394 said:

You should have recieved the reconsideration form via email from Roni. Check your spam too!

I emailed Roni, she sent me the official letter with the link to the form.

Any other applicants out there who did not receive emails, please do the same if you would still like to be considered. 

I received that same email to be considered. Tried calling the department today, but the voicemail wasn't set up for some reason. I wanted to know what was going on with a prereq they needed me to retake. I hope i can take it in the summer before they start! This is my fourth time applying to this program. Whether they lost accreditation or not, its an awesome program with superb facilities. I hope I'm given a chance this year! 

Good luck everyone! You are all deserving, and hard working! We can do this!

4 hours ago, pipergasaway said:

Has anyone heard back or know of someone that has heard back? its been 2 weeks and I feel that they need to get the ball rolling if they want to figure out who they are going to accept by August..... Also curious how many people did the form 

No, I figure it will take some time before interviews go out considering the program just got accreditation back. It probably depends on how many applications they have to review as well. I am also curious as to how many submitted the form but we won't know. 

Archived