Samuel Merritt University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received an email informing me that I'm on the waitlist, so be on the lookout. Luckily, I already received acceptance at my top choice (USC) about three weeks ago, so I gave up my spot. It was great to meet everyone at the interview and I look forward to working with you in the future. Congrats to all those who were accepted, and good luck to everyone in the coming years!

26 minutes ago, PAgoals2396 said:

@rfinch Congrats on getting into the school of your choice and good luck on your future endeavors! I also received an email that I was placed on the waitlist. If you don’t mind me asking, were you higher up on the waitlist? 

Thanks! Towards the middle. I'm not sure SMU's program was the right fit for me, and apparently that came across in the interview! Hahaha! Good luck with everything!

Hello all!

SMU is my number one for years now. The interview was amazing and challenging. The current class is awesome! I received an email Tuesday that I am waitlisted #5. Congrats to all going through this cycle!! Quite the journey. I appreciate the feedback and updates. Waiting patiently now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Looking through past emails, SMU interviews 144 prospective students in total. Of these:

-44 are admitted to the incoming class

-83/84 are waitlisted

I wouldn't panic if you're farther down on the waitlist, I can only imagine they've decided to make it this long due to many years of experience! ? My husband, being the super sleuth when he bored at work, said they admitted up to 27 people off the list for last year...? Not sure if any current students could (or already have) confirmed, but I imagine as everyone shuffles around  to their preferred programs there will be lots of spaces. 

I interviewed on Jan. 27th, and recieved an email that I'm on the waitlist. When they start calling the waitlist for admissions, I'll come back and update! I *think* I'm first on the list... The decimal point threw me for a loop at first (1.0 must be 1?? and if it's not I'm not sure I want to know!), but I don't think they have any fractions, at least I hope not!

No calls as of yet though. Congratulations to all of you who were admitted, and to all who recieved interviews! That is no small thing by any means.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived