Samuel Merritt University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

What an amazing, fun, and exhausting day it was yesterday. I met a ton of incredible people. Everyone was so informative. Thank you to the students for being there and answering my questions along the way. This school is officially my top choice and it would be a honor to be accepted. Hope those phones start ringing soon.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Peanut3 said:

What an amazing, fun, and exhausting day it was yesterday. I met a ton of incredible people. Everyone was so informative. Thank you to the students for being there and answering my questions along the way. This school is officially my top choice and it would be a honor to be accepted. Hope those phones start ringing soon.

I am so glad you enjoyed the experience and that SMU is your top pick! I may be biased, but I love it here. We had a blast hosting the first round of the interviewees yesterday, have continued anticipation for the next two upcoming sessions, and are excited that we may see you guys again in the fall. Best of luck in the next couple of months to all who are granted interviews! If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask them here.  

I am interviewing this weekend and am wondering if anyone who has already interviewed or who knows the area well has any hotel recommendations? I've looked through the list of recommended hotels provided and some of them are closed down? Just wanting to make sure I have a spot that's close enough, clean and safe. Thanks!

1 minute ago, kp1027 said:

I am interviewing this weekend and am wondering if anyone who has already interviewed or who knows the area well has any hotel recommendations? I've looked through the list of recommended hotels provided and some of them are closed down? Just wanting to make sure I have a spot that's close enough, clean and safe. Thanks!

When I interviewed last year, I stayed at the Oakland Marriott City Center on Telegraph Ave. It is about a mile from campus, but is a lovely hotel and an easy commute. I think it is about $170/night. Pricey, but a nice, safe stay. Good luck on Saturday! 

44 minutes ago, kp1027 said:

I stayed at the Hyatt place Emeryville. It was about ten minutes away. It has a bunch of shops close by and the hotel is friendly and clean. They have a good workout room which was nice for me the night before to relax. Also, they have a free breakfast that starts at 7 am and it is pretty good. Good luck this weekend.

-Paige

I attended the first interview on January 20th and got an early admissions acceptance last thursday 1/25! I am so excited!! Waiting to hear back from the program about the deadline to submit the deposit. Has anyone else been accepted yet/heard from them? Thanks and good luck all!!

I attended the first interview on January 20th and got an early admissions acceptance last thursday 1/25! I am so excited!! Waiting to hear back from the program about the deadline to submit the deposit. Has anyone else been accepted yet/heard from them? Thanks and good luck all!!

Congratulations!!! I have not received anything. However, I was told I would receive an email in the next week or so. Also, the current class said it takes a while to get the email after acceptance. So I wouldn’t worry too much.

Also, Rayleen made a Facebook page for everyone who has been accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to those who received early acceptance! We (your second years) look forward to meeting you guys in the fall. As someone who received early acceptance last year, you will not hear any correspondence from SMU until all other acceptances have gone out in early March. I remember freaking out because the faculty member who called me said I had 10 days to make my deposits and I must have called SMU about 5 times in those 10 days. Nonetheless, you won't be forgotten. They made the right choice in calling you, they won't change their mind (something that ran through my mind, lol). So just sit back, relax, celebrate a ton, and expect to hear from the university in March in regards to paying your deposit and getting geared up for fall. Again, hooray to those with early acceptances!

38 minutes ago, Peanut3 said:

Congratulations!!! I have not received anything. However, I was told I would receive an email in the next week or so. Also, the current class said it takes a while to get the email after acceptance. So I wouldn’t worry too much.

Also, Rayleen made a Facebook page for everyone who has been accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!! Congrats to you too!!

38 minutes ago, MLicci said:

Congrats to those who received early acceptance! We (your second years) look forward to meeting you guys in the fall. As someone who received early acceptance last year, you will not hear any correspondence from SMU until all other acceptances have gone out in early March. I remember freaking out because the faculty member who called me said I had 10 days to make my deposits and I must have called SMU about 5 times in those 10 days. Nonetheless, you won't be forgotten. They made the right choice in calling you, they won't change their mind (something that ran through my mind, lol). So just sit back, relax, celebrate a ton, and expect to hear from the university in March in regards to paying your deposit and getting geared up for fall. Again, hooray to those with early acceptances!

Thanks for the info! Nice meeting you all the other day!

Anyone, who applied for 2017-2018 cycle or will apply 2018-2019 cycle and lives in SF/bay area, wants to meet up on weekeneds and practice group discussion together? For group interview? It will be nice to practice together and share our experiences and go thru this tough apps and support each other?  We can discuss about ethical issues and current medical issues :)!! Please message me! 

Archived