Samuel Merritt University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

8 hours ago, DDoc-Skyline said:

Did your class get together before the program started to sort out rental issues? Do any of the classmates share houses they get together to rent?

Some of us are sharing an apartment or house, but many of us don't. I am married with two medium sized dogs, so roommates were not much of an option for me, but it does work well for some. After you are accepted, you can create a Facebook group specifically for your year and program where you can work out the roommate details if that is what you choose. You will honestly have more than enough time to find a place. One of our classmates was accepted off the wait list one month before the program started and found a great place.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shannon. I'm sure they have your application. The email address that is used to send out the confirmation email is one that my gmail account sent directly into my spam folder...I almost missed it last year. Rest assured that if you are selected for an interview, they will reach you as long as your information is correct on CASPA. 

As an aside to where SMU is at in the application process: I have seen our professors looking over the applications from this cycle, so they are being actively reviewed. The dates have also been set for interviews. While I won't give specific dates, there are a total of three dates that are set for late January through mid-February. That being said, while it is every intention that potential interviewees will be contacted before winter break, don't be surprised if you don't hear from SMU until mid-January for an interview spot in January or possibly later for a February interview. That is what happened to most of us. Nonetheless, our class is starting to organize the events for the interviews and we are all getting so excited to meet the potentials for the upcoming class of 2020!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Shannon. I'm sure they have your application. The email address that is used to send out the confirmation email is one that my gmail account sent directly into my spam folder...I almost missed it last year. Rest assured that if you are selected for an interview, they will reach you as long as your information is correct on CASPA. 
As an aside to where SMU is at in the application process: I have seen our professors looking over the applications from this cycle, so they are being actively reviewed. The dates have also been set for interviews. While I won't give specific dates, there are a total of three dates that are set for late January through mid-February. That being said, while it is every intention that potential interviewees will be contacted before winter break, don't be surprised if you don't hear from SMU until mid-January for an interview spot in January or possibly later for a February interview. That is what happened to most of us. Nonetheless, our class is starting to organize the events for the interviews and we are all getting so excited to meet the potentials for the upcoming class of 2020!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you for providing an update. I'm sure it will calm a lot of our nerves!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ShannonRN said:

I know SMU does interviews incredibly late in the cycle, but I still haven't even received a confirmation email from this school that they have received my app. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ya same here! It looks like we just have to wait a little longer! 

To add to what Meghan said, interview invites went out via phone last year. So you will likely get a phone call with an interview invite for a certain day followed by an email regarding the specifics if you accepted the invitation. Not a bad idea to check your junk mail folders every once in a while though because sometimes important emails do end up there. 

We all had great interview experiences last year and are getting ready for everyone who will be interviewing this cycle. We will be involved on the interview days (which is nice because we know EXACTLY how it feels to be in your shoes) and are really excited to meet those of you who end up interviewing. I know the wait is tough but be assured that the faculty and us current students haven’t forgotten about you guys!

Hi!

sept 30th 20:59 pm In an effort to make this post useful to you somehow and not completely spam your tapatalk/email box: I’ve learned thru this cycle that due dates if They land on a weekend sometimes our application doesn’t verify until a weekday... I had one school take my caspa and supplemental fee only to reject me less than 12 hours later to let me know they will not consider my application all because it wasn't verified AND received by the deadline.

Not SMU though, one of the many reasons I

Applied and am a very hopeful applicant!

I've also learned that on time doesn't mean on time, in caspas case: est!

that was 10 hours of emt work [emoji20]

if This doesn’t apply to you I know this sounds redundant, sorry if you read this before but check your spam mail or Call Caspa or find the email they sent you. if anyone has any other questions feel free to message me, we are in this together as prospective pas the wait is killer but we gotta be patient and try to enjoy the journey now... and after finals once grades have been posted [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/20/2017 at 4:41 PM, ChristineQLe said:

Hi!

sept 30th 20:59 pm In an effort to make this post useful to you somehow and not completely spam your tapatalk/email box: I’ve learned thru this cycle that due dates if They land on a weekend sometimes our application doesn’t verify until a weekday... I had one school take my caspa and supplemental fee only to reject me less than 12 hours later to let me know they will not consider my application all because it wasn't verified AND received by the deadline.

Not SMU though, one of the many reasons I

Applied and am a very hopeful applicant!

I've also learned that on time doesn't mean on time, in caspas case: est!

that was 10 hours of emt work emoji20.png

if This doesn’t apply to you I know this sounds redundant, sorry if you read this before but check your spam mail or Call Caspa or find the email they sent you. if anyone has any other questions feel free to message me, we are in this together as prospective pas the wait is killer but we gotta be patient and try to enjoy the journey now... and after finals once grades have been posted emoji4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is strange because I submitted my app earlier in September. Thanks for responding. I think I will try to contact the office to verify and see if I get an answer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 3:35 AM, PAhopeful04 said:

That is strange because I submitted my app earlier in September. Thanks for responding. I think I will try to contact the office to verify and see if I get an answer.

Any news? I submitted in early September as well and have yet to receive a confirmation email.

Archived