Samuel Merritt University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First time applying! Do you guys know if it is required to upload a document for the Catalog Course Description? Is this this a description of ALL your courses? What did you guys upload in others? 

I actually didn't upload one this year. I got my courses approved via email last year. But I would do it just for your prerequisite courses!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From my experience applying for this last cycle:

I submitted my application in late August and received a general email from SMU in mid-September indicating that my application had been received and that the review of applications would continue into Fall. My next correspondence from SMU was a phone call which was followed by an official email around mid-January from the Office of Admission offering me an interview slot for the first interview day which was held in late January. Two more interview dates followed in February. Then official notification of acceptance/waitlist/declined was completed in March.

It can take awhile to hear from SMU, and the timeline provided on their webpage is just a general guideline and is not necessarily followed to the letter based on my experience. Nonetheless be patient as SMU is totally worth the wait! Best of luck to you all!

Congratulations!!!

Thank you for providing us with that information! I think I will have to withdraw my application because I was accepted elsewhere and am supposed to start in January. If first interviews are not offered until late January, it is risky for my situation.

I hope that increases someone else's chance at an interview/acceptance! Best wishes, everyone! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP! :)

Hey guys!  I received an email July 5th saying that my application was received.  According to the email, the review process starts this summer and continues through fall.  Interview invitations will go out in November and will continue to be sent out until the interview process is completed.  There are 144 interview slots.  Everyone will know where they stand by March, and a final email will be sent out to everyone.  I hope this helps, stay positive and good luck to us all!

P.S. They said not to call or send them anything else in the general email.  

Thanks for the information @futurepa:)!

So quick question to everyone ... if that email states the review process starts this summer and continues through fall ... is admissions still NOT rolling? I just want to know if I'm at an advantage applying earlier versus later since there are many other priority deadlines to meet. Or is the email implying that they're going to be reviewing everyone's application from now till the deadline, then will be emailing people later about interviews.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

First, even though its a tad "Late" on the application cycle....I think it never hurts to reply.

Second, I'm not sure if they prefer organic chemistry vs general....I suppose maybe organic chemistry is viewed as being a more difficult class, but probably negligible.

By the way, did anyone else get an email that looked like this?:

Thank you for your application submission to the MPA program at Samuel Merritt University. This email is to notify you that we have completed our preliminary review of your application. Below is a summary of our evaluation of your CASPA application and is based on the information provided by you at the  time of submission. This summary also serves as your current status within the applicant pool.

In order to be considered for admission, applicants must demonstrate that they meet the established admission requirements.

Application Status

Prerequisites:

16 units of Biological Sciences:

Human Anatomy: Complete

Human Physiology: Complete

Microbiology: Complete

Biology Electives: Complete

Inorganic Chemistry: Complete

Organic Chemistry: Complete

Statistics: Complete

etc.

1 hour ago, AAAPA said:

By the way, did anyone else get an email that looked like this?:

Thank you for your application submission to the MPA program at Samuel Merritt University. This email is to notify you that we have completed our preliminary review of your application. Below is a summary of our evaluation of your CASPA application and is based on the information provided by you at the  time of submission. This summary also serves as your current status within the applicant pool.

In order to be considered for admission, applicants must demonstrate that they meet the established admission requirements.

Application Status

Prerequisites:

16 units of Biological Sciences:

Human Anatomy: Complete

Human Physiology: Complete

Microbiology: Complete

Biology Electives: Complete

Inorganic Chemistry: Complete

Organic Chemistry: Complete

Statistics: Complete

etc.

I just got one of these emails too today. Not exactly sure what it means though!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived