• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

They usually have 2 interviews per month for Sept, Oct, Nov. Interviews are always on Friday or Saturdays (usually Saturdays). I don't remember when they send out invites but it is sometime over the summer. August maybe? They usually have about 3-5 people per interview that they offer spots to pretty quickly, like within a week or so, but then there are others that won't hear back until later. I think I interviewed in Sept and was accepted in Dec. So if you don't hear back quickly after your interview don't stress. Good luck. 

7 hours ago, MG358 said:

I have been in Boston for the past four years attending Northeastern University, but am originally from CT, so am hoping to make my way back there for PA school (but would be happy and grateful to go anywhere). How about you?

Grew up in Fairfield my whole life, went to college in NYC and came back. Ideally I would like to get into one of the schools in CT to stay but we'll see what happens I guess 

I applied back in May and I am anxiously waiting to hear back! I swear I check CASPA multiple times per day...

I have only applied to QU right now. I am still finishing my bachelors and I will be done in May 2018, but many PA schools require that you have your bachelors fully completed BEFORE you even apply! This has limited the amount of schools I can apply to and I'm struggling to find schools that will even let me apply... is anyone here still an undergrad and applied to multiple schools in/around Connecticut? 

On July 19, 2017 at 10:42 PM, ssp145 said:

Does everyone have over 2500 hours of HCE?

I barely have 1000....

I have about 20,000 or so, but that is from working in the field for about 9 years. If you volunteer at any of your local hospitals, you can build it up that way too. I volunteered for two hospitals in addition to all of my paid positions and a good trick I've learned to get some "hands on" experience is to establish a relationship with someone who you frequently see in the department (most likely a nurse). Once you build that trust, they'll let you interact with patients more (anywhere from taking vitals to transporting them between departments).

On July 13, 2017 at 2:06 AM, SomedayaPA said:

What did you use as documentation to verify labs? A few of my science labs were combined with a lecture as a single 4 unit course. I can't really find anything in a course catalog that makes that clear.

I submitted a screenshot of the course description from the online website of the school. Which school did you take those courses at?

On 7/23/2017 at 8:37 AM, renraquinta said:

I submitted a screenshot of the course description from the online website of the school. Which school did you take those courses at?

Ok, that's what I ended up doing too. I took most of them at the University of Arizona and one at a community college.

Hi everyone, 

I send in my application 7/23, received a confirmation email on 7/26 saying my application is under review. Hoping for an interview. I completed my bachelor 6 years ago from NY,  took longer to chose the path and if I get selected I will be moving from Atlanta, GA.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived