Elon University Class of 2015

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that we all have updated our catagories on here to "PA Student"! It seems so surreal!! I think she said it would be around this time. It was something like 2-3weeks from the day we interviewed.

wca-- glad we're getting this thing started!

mccluba-- CONGRATS on getting in too! When did you interview? Where are you from?

dajacobs- Oh good- I thought that is what I heard. I had a migraine that day, so my concentration was a little off! It does feel surreal. I was hoping the packet they sent out would be bigger, but I guess they won't give us more info until the class is filled and we've all paid our deposits. Did your friend that was interviewing on the 27th get in?

Hi ashekari! Are you from NC? When did you interview at Elon? I was there Jan 23.

Have you guys paid your deposits yet or do you have other options you are considering?

I only applied to Elon and ECU. After interviewing at Elon & being accepted, I liked it so much I almost cancelled my ECU interview, but decided that would be irresponsible. At ECU, I just didn't feel like I belonged there, and I decided that I would attend Elon even if I got an ECU acceptance (even though that is kind of a strange choice when only looking at the facts and not my impressions). Anyway, I ended up not getting into ECU anyway, so I guess they agreed with me LOL! Once I paid the Elon deposit, it became so real that this is what I am doing, and now I wish we didn't have to wait all the way until next January to start! I am curious what story you guys have about this whole process (if you want to share).

Well, I am a NCSU graduate; but I am not really into sports, so I can still be your friend :wink:. I was at the afternoon interview- were you at that one? I hope ECU doesn't take too long letting everyone know. I have a friend that was also wait listed there, and I am really hoping he gets in since that is his top choice.

Since you aren't a sports fan we can be friends. I was in the morning session so I didn't meet ya! I really hope ECU gets back to us soon because I am so tired of waiting around especially since Elon's deposit is due next week!! What's your name? I want to friend you on facebook. My name is Arezu Shekari.

Arezu- I friend requested you. My first name is Whitney.

dajacobs- I finally accepted your friend request LOL! I can be a little slow on things if I forget about them and don't do them right away.

mccuiba- Are you on facebook? I liked quite a few comments on the Elon PA facebook page, so you can find me that way if you are.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just heard from ECU today and they decided to drop the alternate list because they filled their class so I'm definitely going to Elon! I know one of the girls I knew from my interviews got accepted into ECU after being on the wait list there so I guess only a few people decided not to go to ECU.

Hi y'all! Mind if I butt in and join your party? Glad to find some of my new classmates! My name is Miranda, I'm from Texas, and counting the days until I move to NC and start classes at Elon! I interviewed the afternoon block of 1/27, so I don't think I got the chance to meet anybody on here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! And I promise I don't usually overuse exclamation points so much :wink:

Hi Whitney,

I work as a psychotherapist right now, so I'm hoping to really hustle at work this year and save as much as I can and move in December or early January. I don't really know a soul in North Carolina, but hopefully having a class full of like-minded people I will make friends pretty easily and I'm going to try to come up another time or two to scope things out, maybe visit some churches. I was very impressed how friendly everyone at the school was, and other people in the area. One reason why I love living in the South!

Miranda- yeah this whole process isn't cheap is it? My husband is currently in nursing school, and then it will be my turn for PA school next year. We are just accepting of the fact that we will have some loans to deal with when I am done! Fortunately my husband's work will pay off his loans after he works as an RN for 2 years. Do you already have a Masters or PHD in psychology? I live about 1 1/2 hours from Elon, so it may not work out; but if you make a trip up ahead of time and you want to try and meet, let me know. Then you can know at least 1 soul in NC before school starts! I am not familiar with the churches in that area since I go here in Raleigh. I plan to be home every weekend (I have 2 kids in addition to my husband) so I will keep attending my church during school. I have not yet decided what we are going to do about my living situation. I originally wanted to commute, but I just don't think it would be wise. How did you find out about Elon? I am just curious since it seems like a lot of the applicants were from NC. I am with you- I love the south!

Archived