2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they will do multiple rounds of interviewing so keep staying hopeful. But here is my basic timeline in case you're curious:

CASPA Application and GRE Scores received: 6/28

Supplemental Application received: 7/28

Interview Invite (by email): 9/6

Interview Date: 10/9

To everyone else invited to this date, I'm excited to see you all there! To those that are currently waiting to hear back, stay hopeful and best of luck!

I'm sure they will do multiple rounds of interviewing so keep staying hopeful. But here is my basic timeline in case you're curious:
To everyone else invited to this date, I'm excited to see you all there! To those that are currently waiting to hear back, stay hopeful and best of luck!

Thanks for sharing! My dates are nearly identical to yours...hopefully I'll hear something soon [emoji1303] Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, AAAPA said:

Did you receive any emails before the interview invite, but after the "Your Duke PA Application Has Been Submitted" email? I saw in previous years, that there was an additional "under review" email. 

3 minutes ago, medlabscientist said:

Did you receive any emails before the interview invite, but after the "Your Duke PA Application Has Been Submitted" email? I saw in previous years, that there was an additional "under review" email. 

Yes, once they received the supplemental: the email said, " Your application has now been placed in a queue for review."

I got an interview invite today! 

Timeline:

CASPA submitted-6/28

Supplemental submitted-7/15

Confirmation- 7/26 

Interview invite- 9/6 for 10/9 

If anyone who has previously interviewed has any advice it would be much appreciated! First time interviewing and first time in NC. 

I received my interview invite this morning!

Timeline:

CASPA verified: 6/12

Duke received CASPA application and GRE scores/Supplemental invite: 6/28

Supplemental submitted: 7/4

"Your Duke PA Application Has Been Submitted" email: 7/26

Invitation to Interview: 9/7 for 10/11!

I'm so excited!!!! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

I received my interview invite this afternoon.

CASPA verified: 6/27

Supplemental submitted: 6/28

"Your Duke PA Application is Being Reviewed" email: 7/27

Invitation to Interview: 9/7 for 10/11

Good luck to everyone and don't stress out! They seem to be taking their time sending out invites.

9 minutes ago, owood12 said:

I received my interview invite this afternoon.

CASPA verified: 6/27

Supplemental submitted: 6/28

"Your Duke PA Application is Being Reviewed" email: 7/27

Invitation to Interview: 9/7 for 10/11

Good luck to everyone and don't stress out! They seem to be taking their time sending out invites.

Congrats!! I'm still waiting to hear back. 

Quick question, so you got 2 emails once you submitted? I only received one that said "Your application has now been placed in a queue for review." Also, if you (or anyone!) could share your GRE score? 

Thanks! 

57 minutes ago, IsraelMendez9 said:

Quick question, so you got 2 emails once you submitted? I only received one that said "Your application has now been placed in a queue for review." Also, if you (or anyone!) could share your GRE score? 

Thanks! 

Hi! I only received one email after submitting my supplemental application, and I got an interview invite last week. My GRE quantitative score is 162, the reading is 152, and the writing is 4.0. 

2 hours ago, IsraelMendez9 said:

Thanks! 

I got an email that my app (Caspa, gre, supplemental) had been submitted. Then one that it was being reviewed. Not sure why I got those and others didn't. If you got the review one, I would think you're good.

My GRE isn't representative of most applicants, I feel. I had a 170 quant, 167 verbal, and 4.0 writing.

12 hours ago, owood12 said:

I got an email that my app (Caspa, gre, supplemental) had been submitted. Then one that it was being reviewed. Not sure why I got those and others didn't. If you got the review one, I would think you're good.

My GRE isn't representative of most applicants, I feel. I had a 170 quant, 167 verbal, and 4.0 writing.

I emailed Wendy and she said I was fine. Thank you!! And WOW, I studied like crazy but managed to pull a 297 and a 4.0 writing. Thankfully, Duke has a holistic approach and I have a pretty strong application. 

Might anyone here have any insight as to how the interview process at Duke is and how to best prepare? 

I was recently rejected by the first and only school I've interviewed at, and I am trying to work on my interview skills in general as I was extremely nervous and overwhelmed at my first interview. Any tips, tricks, or insight would be appreciated!

best of luck to you all!

23 hours ago, tiedyepa said:

Might anyone here have any insight as to how the interview process at Duke is and how to best prepare? 

I was recently rejected by the first and only school I've interviewed at, and I am trying to work on my interview skills in general as I was extremely nervous and overwhelmed at my first interview. Any tips, tricks, or insight would be appreciated!

best of luck to you all!

Hi! From what I have heard interviewing at Duke is very relaxed, and the only advice I have been given is to just be myself. I am still waiting to hear back from a couple schools, and I, too, may get bad news, but I am trying to remain positive. The interviewing process in general is very stressful and being patient is just as difficult. To prepare for my interviews I did two mock interviews, one with a PA I shadowed who used to serve on the admissions committee at GW and one with a friend who is also interviewing for PA school. I suggest trying to find someone to interview you and give you tips on what your strong suits are and how you can improve where you are weak. If you live in the triangle, I'd be happy to meet up with you for a mock interview and to provide you with some feedback. If so, feel free to shoot me a message. If not, I am also interviewing on 10/11, and would be happy to meet you for dinner the night before. Good luck!

Getting nervous, was placed in the review queue on 7/26, hopefully some good news soon. 

I'm in the same boat! Trying not to obsess haha. I just keep thinking about all those who've gotten in late in the cycle in past years and trying to stay positive. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived