I submitted my supplemental application all the way back in July. Has anyone else still not heard anything? I know they're interviewing through early December but damn!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, martink741 said:

I submitted my supplemental application all the way back in July. Has anyone else still not heard anything? I know they're interviewing through early December but damn!

I submitted in July too! I'm still hopeful though. They should have more interview invites to send out! 

• Upvote 2

For those who interviewed already, how did you like the interview set up? I have interviewed at other schools and it felt like they were just grilling me with tough questions in the 2 on 1 with faculty. Also it says something about a group activity? How do you prepare for this?

Congrats @Mercyoverflows and @3chainz!

@PrePhysicianAssistant, the interviews were very conversational. They really emphasized that even though they know interviews are inherently stressful, they wanted to try to make the experience as stress-free as they possibly could. You have two 1-on-1 interviews with a faculty member that last ~15 minutes each. As far as the team exercise goes, there really is no way to prepare for it so try not to stress about it. It wasn't bad at all.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, PAyyyyy said:

Congrats @Mercyoverflows and @3chainz!

@PrePhysicianAssistant, the interviews were very conversational. They really emphasized that even though they know interviews are inherently stressful, they wanted to try to make the experience as stress-free as they possibly could. You have two 1-on-1 interviews with a faculty member that last ~15 minutes each. As far as the team exercise goes, there really is no way to prepare for it so try not to stress about it. It wasn't bad at all.

Thank you!! I interview on December 4th! I like that it is 1-on-1. I think those are better than 2-on-1's. 

So if I haven't received an interview invite yet should I count myself out? It seems pretty late in the game to expect one :/ 

I haven’t heard back yet either but I was told that they’ll keep inviting into December (for January dates) so there’s still hope for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JacquelineWhite94 said:

So if I haven't received an interview invite yet should I count myself out? It seems pretty late in the game to expect one :/ 

Definitely not. I applied back in July and just got an imterview invite yesterday, so remain optimistic!

4 hours ago, QuinoaLoverYummy said:

You might hear back sooner! I was taken off the waitlist 1.5 weeks later. Good luck!

Did u send a letter of continued interest when you were placed on the waitlist??

5 hours ago, QuinoaLoverYummy said:

You might hear back sooner! I was taken off the waitlist 1.5 weeks later. Good luck!

Oh that's awesome! Congrats! Hope I'm in the same boat 

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2017 at 3:10 PM, sikeda89 said:

Did u send a letter of continued interest when you were placed on the waitlist??

There was no need for a letter. Just a statement like "Yes, I would like to be kept on the waitlist" or "no" was enough. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2017 at 11:55 AM, JacquelineWhite94 said:

On 11/11/2017 at 3:54 PM, boli said:

I haven’t heard back yet either but I was told that they’ll keep inviting into December (for January dates) so there’s still hope for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received an invite for interview in January, so it is definitely not too late! I have accepted another offer, so hoping this invite will make it's way to you guys :)

• Upvote 2

Received an acceptance email today. Blown away. Interviewed 10/10, waitlisted around the end of October, heard back today. I don't really know how to state my enthusiasm here so I'll pre-emptively answer my fellow neurotics' questions for stats. 

3.5 gpa Biology degree, upward trend (4 point last semester)

Just under 2000 hours of medical experience as an EMT-B in a city known for violence & poverty

Medical study abroad

Philanthropy chairman in my undergraduate Fraternity

Second application cycle with zero interviews last year

Wow! Can't believe I made it. 

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Swiftest said:

Received an acceptance email today. Blown away. Interviewed 10/10, waitlisted around the end of October, heard back today. I don't really know how to state my enthusiasm here so I'll pre-emptively answer my fellow neurotics' questions for stats. 

3.5 gpa Biology degree, upward trend (4 point last semester)

Just under 2000 hours of medical experience as an EMT-B in a city known for violence & poverty

Medical study abroad

Philanthropy chairman in my undergraduate Fraternity

Second application cycle with zero interviews last year

Wow! Can't believe I made it. 

From no interviews --> Accepted at the school that started it all.

Now that's what I call 0 to 100. Congrats! :)

• Upvote 6

41 minutes ago, tommyktm28 said:

Interviewed-10/30

Waitlisted- 11/10

accepted- 11/16

I have already put down a deposit elsewhere, but I’m almost positive I’ll attend Duke!!!

Congrats my fellow interviewee! I interviewed the 30th also and got accepted the 9th.

• Upvote 2