2017-2018 Application Cycle

On 12/19/2017 at 5:42 PM, kaestnerk said:

Also received news today that I was placed on the interview wait list. Does anyone know how long into the new year (2018) I may possibly be offered an interview? Or, in other words, is there a possibility that I could be still waiting for news in April or May? I understand this is a process entirely out of my control at this point...but an indefinite wait is going to be excruciating!

Congratulations to those accepted, at Duke and other PA programs, and good luck to those still pending.

From how I understand it, there should be a few interview dates in January, and that is the end of interviews. I would anticipate hearing back from them by the end of January. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/19/2017 at 6:38 AM, VinceH said:

If I haven't heard anything by now, it's probably just a matter of when they send the rejection email, right? I submitted Aug 14th

I got a rejection email like an hour later lol. Duke would have had to have been pretty damn impressive for me to give up my seat at Emory anyway, now at least I don't have to be forced to decide! I'm actually quite happy now that I know for sure where I'm going

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have any great advice/insight for you on this...but I wanted to reach out and tell you you’re not alone in wondering! Here is my best guess based on the context of what we were told at our interview: 

From what I can put together, I think that the interviews the week of the tenth were the last ones. I say that because I didn’t see anyone post that they got an invitation for a later date, and because those who were on the interview waitlist got official rejections last week. 

I was originally thinking/hoping that we might have heard something later last week as well, but I am sure the snow days threw a curveball into the mix. Now, I’m hoping (as I’m sure you are) that this is the week we will hear something further. On my interview date, we were told that the faculty meets on the Fridays of interview weeks to discuss and make that “round” of decisions. Maybe they met Friday to discuss those of us on the wait list! 

I have so many questions! I wonder how many spots were filled directly from the interviews, and how many remain up for grabs to those of us on the waitlist. I also wonder how many of us are on the waitlist, itself! 

I know that I just used a lot of words to say that like you, I’m anxious and excited to hear more! I’m curious if you (or anyone else) picked up on some piece of info that I did not, and if your thoughts on the whole process/time frame are in line with mine. I also wonder if there is anyone reading this thread who was waitlisted during interviews last year. If so, they would definitely have the best idea of the time span between the end of interviews last year, and when further information was sent out!

Most of all, I wish the best for you, and everyone else along this journey! 

(I’m also considering starting a support group for compulsive email-checking! ?)

2 hours ago, Piperpottamus said:

I don’t have any great advice/insight for you on this...but I wanted to reach out and tell you you’re not alone in wondering! Here is my best guess based on the context of what we were told at our interview: 

From what I can put together, I think that the interviews the week of the tenth were the last ones. I say that because I didn’t see anyone post that they got an invitation for a later date, and because those who were on the interview waitlist got official rejections last week. 

I was originally thinking/hoping that we might have heard something later last week as well, but I am sure the snow days threw a curveball into the mix. Now, I’m hoping (as I’m sure you are) that this is the week we will hear something further. On my interview date, we were told that the faculty meets on the Fridays of interview weeks to discuss and make that “round” of decisions. Maybe they met Friday to discuss those of us on the wait list! 

I have so many questions! I wonder how many spots were filled directly from the interviews, and how many remain up for grabs to those of us on the waitlist. I also wonder how many of us are on the waitlist, itself! 

I know that I just used a lot of words to say that like you, I’m anxious and excited to hear more! I’m curious if you (or anyone else) picked up on some piece of info that I did not, and if your thoughts on the whole process/time frame are in line with mine. I also wonder if there is anyone reading this thread who was waitlisted during interviews last year. If so, they would definitely have the best idea of the time span between the end of interviews last year, and when further information was sent out!

Most of all, I wish the best for you, and everyone else along this journey! 

(I’m also considering starting a support group for compulsive email-checking! ?)

Hey guys,

We had 2 snow days last week so that made things a little chaotic. Interviews are done so that's a definite. In regards to the waitlist... I would sit tight. Many people will have about 10 days to pay their deposit and hold their seat so hopefully the program will have an idea of an declined offers. I will try to ask around to see if they have an idea, but I would assume as soon as they have a list- you guys will hear from them! 

Good luck to you all! Don't lose hope :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived