I am about to enter PA school as an F1 international student - been on a visa since I was in middle school as a dependent of my parents and recently became F1 because I turned 21. Any one out here able to give me insight in how they paid for it all? There doesn't seem to be much mercy for international students despite me residing in NY for almost a decade. I have citizen extended family, but they have their own lives and loans to care for and I feel like taking out a private loan with them cosigning will not be approved since they have mortgages and are about to take out a loan for their daughter's schooling.

- Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/2/2017 at 8:57 AM, kmai said:

I am about to enter PA school as an F1 international student - been on a visa since I was in middle school as a dependent of my parents and recently became F1 because I turned 21. Any one out here able to give me insight in how they paid for it all? There doesn't seem to be much mercy for international students despite me residing in NY for almost a decade. I have citizen extended family, but they have their own lives and loans to care for and I feel like taking out a private loan with them cosigning will not be approved since they have mortgages and are about to take out a loan for their daughter's schooling.

- Keith

Hi Keith,

I am also an international student on F1 visa and I am looking to apply for the PA school after graduation. However, I am worried about being able to afford the tuition, so I was wondering if you could share some of your experiences with me? It would help me a lot. Thank you!

Best,

Nejra

• 1 month later...