10 hours ago, emilyyx said:

Can anyone clarify what this scholarship is? This is what I got from the website:
When accepted into PA school (hopefully by December of the application cycle), you apply when the NHSC app opens in the next year. If you get awarded, does the scholarship pay for your ENTIRE tuition/living expenses? In exchange, after you graduate you work in an approved, underserved location as a primary care PA. How often is it that you get to choose the CITY you get to work in after?

Thanks all & I wish you all good luck on this application! 

This is NHSC scholarship which is to promote Primary Care. NHSC pays for your  entire tuition during PA school, also pays you a  monthly stipend. In return, you will commit to work in a Primary care speciality in a NHSC approved site. 

Usually sites are in locations to serve underserved communities. They might be in a City setting or a rural setting, depends upon where you are looking. After you graduate, you look for work just like any other job, only difference is that you search openings only at NHSC approved sites. 

Check this link https://www.nhsc.hrsa.gov/sites/

You can also use this to search openings at this point of time https://connector.hrsa.gov/search

If you have any more questions you can ask me or https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/scholarships/faqs.html

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am interested in this scholarship for PA school and was wondering if you guys could answer a few of my questions. 

PA Schools start at different times, anytime between January and August. When did you all hear if you were offered the scholarship? If I were to attend a school that starts in January, would I still apply for the 2018 scholarship in April and just take out loans for the first few months of school? 

Thanks! 

I just got the official rejection e-mail. It says they received 4,719 applications this year and awarded the scholarship to 181 individuals. If those numbers are correct, the scholarship was even more competitive this year than it already was in years past.

Congratulations to those PAs who received the scholarship! Way to represent! Given the odds of receiving a scholarship this year, you should feel even better than you already do.

Are those the statistics for the NHSC, in total? 

So 4719 applications were submitted across all health programs (MD, DDS, PA, NP, etc?)

On 9/12/2017 at 9:11 AM, Zach said:

I just got the official rejection e-mail. It says they received 4,719 applications this year and awarded the scholarship to 181 individuals. If those numbers are correct, the scholarship was even more competitive this year than it already was in years past.

Congratulations to those PAs who received the scholarship! Way to represent! Given the odds of receiving a scholarship this year, you should feel even better than you already do.

Archived