Online Genetics Class?

On 5/6/2019 at 7:07 PM, Aji0227 said:

Is it self paced? Iv been looking on their website and there are so many options im very confused

I have not started the course yet, if you do please let the rest of us know how it is. I am registered but do not start until late summer. 

12 minutes ago, Selah said:

Have you started the online Genetics course at Western Carolina? I am thinking about registering for it, but I am looking for some feedback about its difficulty. If you haven't started it yet have you heard any reviews?

Hi, I have not started the course yet, I postponed it to start late summer. Registration is easy, the staff is super helpful and nice! But if you do start it soon please let the rest of us know how it goes for you. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I took genetics online at Metropolitan Community College in Nebraska. The course was BIOS 2050. I remember it being on the cheaper side and it was a pretty easy course and I enjoyed it. I would recommend it 🙂 

Here is the link to it:

http://mccneb.smartcatalogiq.com/en/2018-2019/Course-Catalog/Courses/BIOS-Biology/2000/BIOS-2050

Edited by Laybunny
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Laybunny said:

I took genetics online at Metropolitan Community College in Nebraska. The course was BIOS 2050. I remember it being on the cheaper side and it was a pretty easy course and I enjoyed it. I would recommend it 🙂 

Here is the link to it:

http://mccneb.smartcatalogiq.com/en/2018-2019/Course-Catalog/Courses/BIOS-Biology/2000/BIOS-2050

I am taking the course this summer. It's not too bad at all. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2019 at 12:25 PM, LPZ said:

ClarissaB,

The genetics course was a breeze. Most of the information was redundant if you have taken a genetics course or have a science degree. The coursework was manageable. You read, participate in discussions and write. It is very overpriced, but easy A. 

@ClarissB 

what school did you take genetic at?

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/30/2019 at 8:03 PM, mooredc said:

The University of South Carolina Upstate offers genetics online in maymester. It is 4 weeks all online. It requires daily submissions but nothing crazy. I got an A without too much stress involved. 

Are the tests done with video? How much is the class?