Hello, I am an orthopedic surgery PA with > 10 years experience, and am looking to learn about RVU -based reimbursement, for a potential job change.  The RVUs would be awarded based upon billing, not collections, as it is an underserved area with poor payer mix.  It would be clinic-based; no surgical assisting or hospital work.  My questions:

1. Does anyone know what the typical $ per RVU value would be, for an orthopedic PA?

2. Does anyone have access to a list of RVU per CPT code for typical orthopedic office procedures?  (injections, fracture care, splinting, etc).  I was able to find 0.97 for 99213, which is a common office visit code ...I'm more curious about the procedures

3. Is this a workable plan for orthopedics?  Is it possible to thrive financially within an RVU -based system?  I am aware that it would be important to avoid seeing a lot of postop patients within their global billing period, as those visits award 0 RVUs.  Correct?

Any insight you can provide, would be appreciated!

Thanks

Archived