North Carolina: Campbell 2017-2018 cycle

Congratulations!!!

Where are you from? The area is nice. It's more rural around the school (which I see as a positive) but close enough to a lot of things to feel connected, still, with the rest of the world. 

When did you get notification that your file was complete? Did you get an email at any point saying it was under review, as well?

So excited for you! 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ChasingTheDream said:

I haven't seen one. I've been searching.

12 hours ago, kmanring said:

For those who were accepted to the dual program, has there been a facebook group started for that? I'm on the class of 2020 but didn't know if there was a class of 2021 that was already started 

Last year the second year MSPH class set up the Facebook group for the dual students (since you'll be working with them more than the PA students your first year).  I recommend joining the overarching group and then a MSPH group will likely stem from that.

Hope this helps!

On 9/21/2017 at 6:30 PM, ttaylor95 said:

I got an interview invite yesterday for October 6th! Currently scrambling to get flights and change work haha, but very excited that they are still conducting more interviews.

For those of you who have interviewed, how did you like the program/area? I've never been to North Carolina (:

Thanks!

I also got invited to interview on October 6th! 

On 9/21/2017 at 3:42 PM, Piperpottamus said:

Congratulations!!!

Where are you from? The area is nice. It's more rural around the school (which I see as a positive) but close enough to a lot of things to feel connected, still, with the rest of the world. 

When did you get notification that your file was complete? Did you get an email at any point saying it was under review, as well?

So excited for you! 

Sweet thank you for that, it sounds like a great area so far! I got an email for my file complete 6/14 (:

Hey everyone, I interviewed on 10/6 and fell in love with the faculty, facility and philosophy of the school. I'm thrilled to report that I received my acceptance call this morning! 

Absolutely humbled to be offered a seat, and will most likely be committing to Campbell.  Good luck to everyone who I met on 10/6 and who will be interviewing later on in the year!

17 hours ago, u0768001 said:

Had to turn down my interview invite for November 3rd due to a conflict with an already scheduled interview. I tried rescheduling for another date but was informed that would more than likely be the last interview date. I’m bummed because I really wanted to interview there.

I think I was offered your interview spot! I was offered an interview this morning for November 3rd. I am sorry that you had to cancel, but am grateful for the opportunity to interview now! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ncml20 @AG25 I interviewed in August  but I doubt it has changed since then unless faculty switched things around. You'll be divided up in 4 groups and rotate on a schedule after introductions from staff. 

Groups include a tour, a second welcome section, solo interview, and a group problem solving type of thing. each group gets about 20/25 minutes. 

for the interview I googled PA questions, wrote them on index cards and practiced when I had a free time. sometimes recorded myself. but know your resume, they asked me questions about who I was and wanted to get to know me as a person

I'm dual too! and during your interview you will talk to a PA professor and and public health member (the public health professor was in class when I had mine so idk how that works for interviews) 

end of interview you get food and we were able to talk to previous students 

GOOD LUCK!

Archived