North Carolina: Campbell 2017-2018 cycle

6 hours ago, ChasingTheDream said:

In my opinion, it will only help you. I took genetics last year and learned a lot from it. Since they list it as "recommended," it's just a suggestion by them to boost your application and science foundation for year 1.

I am actually really excited about the course- the description sounds awesome. I know that they said at open house that the genetics they do in the first block is a quick overview. A background will certainly make that easier than learning it from scratch! 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, abp_520 said:

Congratualations! Would you (any others invited to interview) be willing to share your stats? :) 

cGPA: 2.78
sGPA: 3.86
PCE: 6,500 hours ED tech at a level I trauma center
GRE: 155Q 162V 4.0
LOR: Director of Emergency Services, ER MD, Professor for Research Methods

Just a note on my low cGPA: I did poorly my first time through school and had a 2.07 after taking 155 credits. After deciding that I wanted to be a PA, I doubled down on my efforts and took another 96 credit hours over the last three years while working full time in the ER and maintained a 4.0 GPA. I applied this cycle because in order to raise my cGPA to a 3.0, it would require me to take another 60 credit hours with straight A grades.

Just now, ClimbingRhino said:

cGPA: 2.78
sGPA: 3.86
PCE: 6,500 hours ED tech at a level I trauma center
GRE: 155Q 162V 4.0
LOR: Director of Emergency Services, ER MD, Professor for Research Methods

Just a note on my low cGPA: I did poorly my first time through school and had a 2.07 after taking 155 credits. After deciding that I wanted to be a PA, I doubled down on my efforts and took another 96 credit hours over the last three years while working full time in the ER and maintained a 4.0 GPA. I applied this cycle because in order to raise my cGPA to a 3.0, it would require me to take another 60 credit hours with straight A grades.

That's dedication! you truly deserve this interview! congratulations, and thank you for sharing. :)

Hey Guys!

Congratulations to those of you who have already gotten and interview invitation! My roommate and I are current first year PA Students at Campbell and live close to campus. We have an open guest bedroom with a private bathroom and are willing to rent it out to anyone coming into town for an interview to save you money and because there are not many options around. If you want to message me on here we would be happy to set up a time for you to stay! Good luck throughout this process!

Alana G.

Hi everyone! My application was complete June 27th and I was invited to interview yesterday. I have more of an upward trend in my grades. I had a year in undergraduate that was terrible and brought down my entire gpa, but I went to graduate school and turned all of that around. Does anyone have any insight on the interview itself?

18 minutes ago, Piperpottamus said:

Congrats guys! For those of you who were invited for 9/15, when were your applications complete (for Campbell, not just CASPA)?

I got an email from them on June 1st thanking me for my application, and then another email on June 27th stating that my file was complete. 

Archived