North Carolina: Campbell 2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - just wanted to chime in.  I applied last cycle and was accepted into the dual program.  If anyone has any questions about the application cycle, feel free to reach out to me.  Last year they didn't extend interview invites until the end of July for the first interview date being in early August.  I applied late in the cycle due to not being able to take the GRE and was still admitted, so don't worry!  Here was my timeline:

07/17 CASPA & Supplemental Completed/Submitted

07/26 Campbell Verified (e-mail from Campbell)

09/13 e-mail stating that I was under review by the PA faculty

11/04 interview invite

11/10 interview

11/14 acceptance

Yeah I'm sure it's challenging. Do you know if you have to send in two applications, one for the pa program and the MPH program, or will they collaborate your application?

Last year you had a choice between two supplements through Campbell, one for PA only and one for PA/MSPH dual program.  It is important to note that (as of last year), the dual program was all-or-nothing.  If you weren't admitted to the dual program, you were not considered for PA only.

I'm a re-applicant this cycle and submitted my application on May 5th. Last year I had applied in August and was recommended to apply earlier in the next cycle. Hopefully that helps this time! I received the email that my application was complete on May 9th but there was no mention of when they would begin to review applications.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am an inpatient person so I called the program to make sure that I haven't missed any emails. First wave of interview invites will be sent out 1st or 2nd week of August and first interview date is set for August 25 (I am pretty sure that is the date he said otherwise last week of Augustish. Hope this helps calms some nerves like it did mine!

28 minutes ago, Jdabrowski said:

I am an inpatient person so I called the program to make sure that I haven't missed any emails. First wave of interview invites will be sent out 1st or 2nd week of August and first interview date is set for August 25 (I am pretty sure that is the date he said otherwise last week of Augustish. Hope this helps calms some nerves like it did mine!

Awesome thanks! What was the interview format last year btw?

About 32 get invited per interview day. It started in the day. We were broken up into groups of 8 at first and 1 group went to do interviews, 1 took a tour of the building, 1 sat with financial aid, and I am blanking on the other step. Interviews were 4 went into a group interview, then the other 4 did individuals. They were either 2 on 1 or 1on 1. Then at the end of the day we had Q and A with current students. Very welcoming from everyone. LOVED the faculty, they really made you know they care about everyone in their program.

7 minutes ago, Jdabrowski said:

About 32 get invited per interview day. It started in the day. We were broken up into groups of 8 at first and 1 group went to do interviews, 1 took a tour of the building, 1 sat with financial aid, and I am blanking on the other step. Interviews were 4 went into a group interview, then the other 4 did individuals. They were either 2 on 1 or 1on 1. Then at the end of the day we had Q and A with current students. Very welcoming from everyone. LOVED the faculty, they really made you know they care about everyone in their program.

So no MMI format?

Hi everyone!

I have applied for this cycle, as well. I have had some correspondence back and forth regarding my prerequisites, as I took one course this summer, and I'm completing my last prerequisite this fall. After that, I was told that I had everything I needed, and subsequently got an email that stated my file was complete. 

How many of you took the recommended genetics course? I am on the waitlist for genetics at NC State. I'm hoping it makes me more competitive, but I'm curious of how big of an impact it has on their decision to extend an invitation for an interview. 

I am nervous, excited, and hopeful. I applied only to local schools, since my husband works locally. I was so impressed by the program and facilities at the open house. I am really hoping (like everyone here) to be invited to interview in the near future and keep moving forward!

Archived