Part-time FP job

Just got an offer for a part-time FP job 12 hrs/wk, $50/hr in Arizona. Malpractice is only benefit. Likely 10-12 pts per day, Friday 9-6 and Saturday 9-1. No pain mgmt, 90+% of pts have insurance. I think it would be great for me to round out my skills. Is there anything else I should ask for? Maybe a productivity bonus after 6 months?

I currently work in IM as a hospitalist and my extra shifts there are $425-500 depending on the number of pts I see in an 8 hr shift. The bad part, though, they pay extra shifts as a lump sum at the end of the year, and I would like to get paid bi-weekly or at least monthly.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

55 with malpractice is not too bad as a part time FP gig. You basically would be an IC working there so tax would be higher too. I don't know if they would go for a productivity bonus as you would only be seeing 10-12 pts a day. Not like inpatient where there are really sick people/procedures where productivity would work. Maybe you could get some kind of retirement matching or something like that.

Archived