Testing out of Classes

Hi,

Was curious - would schools accept it or would it be acceptable to try to test out of science classes? If I can get my hands on a biology book, read it cover to cover, and find final review to study off of... do you think that would suffice? Or do I actually have to take the class itself?

Obviously this wouldn't work for more advanced sciences... I was just thinking.. BIO 101, or Introduction to Nutrition.

I'm just thinking of ways I could save time.

Thanks!

But if Biology weren't a "required course" but a prereq to Microbiology (or something) I could test out of it to take the upper levels... ?

Your best bet is, wait for it....to contact the schools in which you wish to apply. Would you really trust somebody on the internet telling you "yeah sure its fine...go for it" and then it turns out they were wrong??

Technically, the schools do not accept these credits, but you can still do it. For example, I had AP credit for Bio I and II. All my pre-reqs wanted was 8 hours of generic biology, easily satisfied by the upper division classes I took. Should not be a problem if you're working on a degree in a similar field. However, if you're just taking as few pre-reqs as possible, probably not a good idea.

Archived