Northeastern University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

20 minutes ago, Kobi29 said:

Congrats! That's exciting. If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview?

Thanks!! I had a really positive interview experience. Loved that the first day was so thoroughly informative. My interviews were conversational. Fair questions, and seemed like they were interested in getting to know me. The faculty is super nice

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MG358 said:

I forgot to post yesterday but I interviewed over the weekend and was accepted by phone call yesterday morning! Told an email will be following sometime soon. Best of luck everyone :) 

Congrads! Just a question for you: last year, it looks like decisions were all posted in October. Has NEU gone over to rolling admissions now?

14 minutes ago, sydney.dearmond said:

So does anyone know if everyone's results get posted in October. Are they contacting only a few people they want right away with acceptance? Because I was part of the the 15th/16th group and I haven't heard anything so I didn't know if that was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made it sound like some people would get accepted before October but not everyone! I don't think that it is bad that you haven't heard anything yet.

8 minutes ago, Pris1002 said:

OMG congrats. I also interviewed last weekend and got a call from him this afternoon. Im soo over joyed

Yes same I almost cried at work haha I am ecstatic. 

And no if you did not hear back yet that does not mean anything bad at all!! They said they'd be sending out a couple acceptances right after and the rest mid October. Don't lose hope!!!!!

Yes same I almost cried at work haha I am ecstatic. 
And no if you did not hear back yet that does not mean anything bad at all!! They said they'd be sending out a couple acceptances right after and the rest mid October. Don't lose hope!!!!!

So does that mean no more interview invites? Are they just going back to who were previously interviewed?

1 minute ago, jmtam said:

So does that mean no more interview invites? Are they just going back to who were previously interviewed?

From what they told us, they are only doing 3 interviews and it's the 15-16 22-23 and 29-30. But don't lose hope like I said anyone might cancel their interview last minute and they'll invite someone else!

1 hour ago, Kobi29 said:

Can everyone that got accepted share their stats? And congrats to you all!

Do not get worked up over stats!! Seriously you got an interview which already says a lot about your app already. However, that being said I do not have the best stats but really good patient experience and an interesting life story. 

Overall gpa 3.5

sci gpa 3.3

over 5000 as back office med assistant and now clinical med supervisor for cardio office (started my hours in high school)

1 hour ago, Kobi29 said:

Can everyone that got accepted share their stats? And congrats to you all!

Like others have said, the stats are not as important now. If you've received an interview invite then you have the stats to get in, now they want to see if you have the "fit." My gpa's were both less than 3.5 and I have over 6000 hours as an EMT and ER tech with really good recommendations, which probably helped a lot. 

Just go out there and be yourself! Everyone is very nice and they just want to get to know you!

I interviewed on the 15-16th and I have not heard back yet either. They said it could be as late as mid-October before we hear from them. Like others have said, I do not think that your stats matter as much once you receive an interview. I have similar and if not higher stats than the people who got in, I did not receive an immediate acceptance. They are just looking to see if you are a good fit for the school. In the end whatever happens, all I know is that I was myself during the interview, and I cannot change what was said now. Best of luck to everyone! There is still hope! 

• Upvote 1

Interviewed on September 22-23 and received acceptance phone call from Dr Honda today. Unbelievable. This was my top choice! "I'm shipping up to Boston." WOOOOOOOOO.....btw so I kind of zoned out after he told me I was accepted. My mind was racing. But I believe he said I'll get an email or something? Not sure. Can anyone who was accepted confirm this? 

• Upvote 1