Northeastern University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

On 9/6/2017 at 11:18 AM, 2017TexasPA said:

I'm pretty sure the will offer more. I think it is staggered based on when you submitted your application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all! I was invited to the 9/29-9/30 interview but have a conflicting interview. I emailed admissions and the only other date they could offer me was 9/22-9/23, tentatively. So @jmtam I am not sure if these are the last two interview dates. 

To those who received an interview invite for 9/22-9/23, and haven't RSVP'd yet, please do! Much appreciated!! 

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure the will offer more. I think it is staggered based on when you submitted your application.

I submitted my CASPA app and my supplemental the second week of May... so I may have already been overlooked :/

Hey all! I was invited to the 9/29-9/30 interview but have a conflicting interview. I emailed admissions and the only other date they could offer me was 9/22-9/23, tentatively. So @jmtam I am not sure if these are the last two interview dates. 
To those who received an interview invite for 9/22-9/23, and haven't RSVP'd yet, please do! Much appreciated!! 

The 22-23rd is just a few weeks away! I wonder if they would even offer interviews to applicants who have to fly out that soon. I haven't been contacted in any way for one. Just my application confirmation email back in May.

I submitted my CASPA app and my supplemental the second week of May... so I may have already been overlooked :/

a397d994ed54bb86db135bcb3107fb79.jpg

They are not on a rolling basis so they are reviewing all the apps at once. So time of submission is irrelevant to them, so keep your head up and stay positive.

12 hours ago, jmtam said:

The application thread for last year suggests that the last interview date was Nov 6-7 :)

EDIT: This was 2 years ago, actually, but even last year's thread suggests Sept is definitely not the only month for interviews. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/8/2017 at 8:22 AM, leb64 said:

The application thread for last year suggests that the last interview date was Nov 6-7 :)

EDIT: This was 2 years ago, actually, but even last year's thread suggests Sept is definitely not the only month for interviews. 

Last year was the first year they started all interviews in September so I'm not sure if they're sticking to that this year too. I know that a decent amount of us found out rather last minute last year that we were invited for an interview (I was given a week notice) so keep your hopes up everyone and goodluck !

• Upvote 1

I sent my northeastern application in on July 16th, on August 11th I was informed about my Sept 15-16 interview. There is apparently going to be 40-50 applicants in each interview session. From the way they made it sound, there will be 3 interview sessions Sept 15-16, 22-23 and 29-30. They said that they should be letting people know by mid- October. They interview around 150 students and are selecting 46 this year. On the Friday of the interview we sat in on a lecture, had an overview of the program, met with first year students and the students who just graduated, had plenty of time to ask questions, and ended with a discussion with a past graduate who is a current PA. The second day we had interviews.

Has anyone received a rejection letter/email? 
Would it be safe to assume if you didn't get an interview by now that you will be rejected? 

I didn't get a rejection... but I guess no news is good news? I don't know if they will be offering anymore invites!

5 hours ago, jmtam said:

I didn't get a rejection... but I guess no news is good news? I don't know if they will be offering anymore invites!

Hopefully! I'm in the same boat as you. Nothing yet. Just looking at the previous post stating the 3 interview weekends which one passed and others are closing up fast. 

19 hours ago, jmtam said:

13 hours ago, Carlosluna said:

Hopefully! I'm in the same boat as you. Nothing yet. Just looking at the previous post stating the 3 interview weekends which one passed and others are closing up fast. 

I am in the same boat as you guys. Hoping I can still get good news.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Carlosluna said:

I know! That's scaring me because they're so close... It's going to be rough if anyone has to fly out!

• Upvote 2