Northeastern University: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you working on the program specific portion of your CASPA application...

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the "personal statement" prompt for Northeastern should be written in a personal narrative format or if it is more appropriate to answer the prompt as an essay question? The character allowance is as much as the CASPA personal statement, so I wasn't sure if it was necessary to write an entirely different personal statement focused on their specific topic or not..

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wondering If I should even bother applying to Northeastern or if it is out of my reach.

Predicted Qualities by the time I apply:
GPA: 3.75
Work: 4yrs/ ~7000 hrs Clinical Lab Support Tech - Pathology Lab
PCE: EMT volunteer 1,200 hours 
Blemishes: 2 repeated classes after receiving C-'s; couple withdrawals

Historically I think interviews don't roll out until October-ish. I have seen from multiple sources that as long as your app is in and verified by the given date, that your app will be reviewed. This means they don't utilize a "first come first served/ rolling admission.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, EngineerPA said:

I really wanted to apply here but I only have one clinical reference :( that's something they'd probably notice right? 

That's my problem too, I justed asked someone to write me one quickly for Thursday so I can overnight everything, but if they say no then I will most likely not apply. :(  Most schools only require one clinical letter, so I wasn't anticipating this road block.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else have problems with formatting for the additional essays?  No matter which format or browser I used to move the essay into the prompt box, it removed the paragraph spacing and merged the entire essay into one large paragraph.  I emailed CASPA twice regarding the issue - they haven't responded yet.  

Did anyone else have problems with formatting for the additional essays?  No matter which format or browser I used to move the essay into the prompt box, it removed the paragraph spacing and merged the entire essay into one large paragraph.  I emailed CASPA twice regarding the issue - they haven't responded yet.  

I think you're just going to have to go through your essay and press "enter" to create a new paragraph. Don't worry about indenting, CASPA doesn't format that correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk