2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Integrity? Remember this is an assessment on them getting to know you.... not a test or exam. Even if an applicant knows potential questions in advanced, it is not going to make you any stronger since the questions are based off of past experiences. No reason to caution anyone about discussing the interview process unless they explicitly state to keep it hush. 

The problem with the premed community and subsequently the pre-PA community is the lack of support and collaboration. 

Pez, it is standard practice not to discuss interview questions. Any admissions committee who found out students knew questions in advance or had an unfair advantage in the process would almost certainly reject that applicant. Having been involved in admissions in two schools, I can say that with certainty. Furthermore, don't forget faculty members can and do read these forums, and even if you do not see an issue with it, they likely will. 

I am for integrity and I concur to NOT violate any policy if interviewees were asked not to disclose their experiences. However, schools are different in their policies. From my experience of past healthcare professional interviews, interviewees were told ahead of time to talk to current students about the interview processes and their experiences. 

16 hours ago, Pez said:

Integrity? Remember this is an assessment on them getting to know you.... not a test or exam. Even if an applicant knows potential questions in advanced, it is not going to make you any stronger since the questions are based off of past experiences. No reason to caution anyone about discussing the interview process unless they explicitly state to keep it hush. 

The problem with the premed community and subsequently the pre-PA community is the lack of support and collaboration. 

Pez I see what you mean, but I encourage you to heed markthesark89's advice-- it's not about limiting collaboration, it's in your own interest. At one of my interviews, right before our group was instructed not to share our interview experiences, the big wigs gave a "talk" about how people were sharing how their interviews went and what others should expect, right down to the questions that were asked. That knowledge was gained from the PA forum. Those involved were denied consideration. 

Now, it very well might be the case that some programs (maybe even Yale) might have no problem with people sharing interview info to this year's applicants. But I would think that's a heck of a lot of time, money, and effort to gamble on, if that's not the case. If you want to share your experience, that's up to you. 

I believe the pre-PA community is very supportive and collaborative. People don't have to give their stats and timelines when they get notification to interview, but most do. Best of luck tomorrow! 

I asked that question during my final interview today, and was told not to expect to hear anything until after labor day. Also, if we don't get a seat during the first round, our applications will remain in the running until the final pool of applications have been reviewed. Good luck everyone!

Just now, RunItOut said:

Good luck to everyone who has/will be interviewing. Now let the waiting (email checking) begin...again. 

I know, right?  I was hoping we'd hear something before Labor Day.  It's going to be a long month.  Good luck everyone.

30 minutes ago, brandonhughey said:

Do you think since people are applying, interviewing, and being accepted to the online program, the on-campus program will be slightly less competitive?

I don't see how it'd affect the on campus program since it's a different program director, admissions team/counselor etc 

3 hours ago, ChemTeach said:

The program director and associate program director will be on vacation for two weeks. So for sure we won't hear anything for the next two weeks.

Wow! Vacation in the middle of admission process? I hope valerian roots will take care of this anxiety lol!

They deserve a break though, considering the stress associated with the volume of applications. Good luck y'all. 

Archived