2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Michelinman said:

How important do you think gre scores are??

I had a 27% Verbal Score! The program emphasizes community service ALOT. They did ask me about my GRE score though.

3.94, 27% verbal 76% quant 60% AW, 5K PCH, 2 medical service trips ( 5 weeks total ), volunteering in 3 hospitals, volunteer coordinator of two clubs on campus.

Congratulations to the new accepted students for the upcoming cohort!  I am happy to see that our program has sparked such an interest and reached so many people.  I’m tired, my hair is falling out, and I’ve put on 30 lbs, but I love our program.  My classmates have become my second family.  Best decision I have made.  Welcome!

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, HighlandCH said:

I haven't heard anything yet except that my application is under review. I'm on pins and needles!

Any other Oregonians out there?

I am in the same boat! Everytime I get an email notification I immediately look at it. I am still waiting too. COME OOONNN Yale!

5 hours ago, Michelinman said:

Well I'm one of them. After submitting a completed application, with all the supplemental things like transcripts, enrollment verification, ect. How long did it take for them to review? I got everything submitted at the last minute, and got an email May 17th that it was under review. I had to have IU explain why there were transfer credits on my transcript. I went to IPFW (now changed to purdue fw lol) and some of them were through Purdue so they had to transfer them bc I got an IU degree! haha anyone else have anything like this?? 

That is a crazy story I am glad you were able to get it all worked out! I submitted back in March but I had to finish up this semester before I could send in my official transcript. I was able to get it to them just in time to make the early deadline. I got a call to say that my transcript was under review but no email... just waiting and hoping to hear something this upcoming week.  

On 5/14/2018 at 12:48 AM, GypsyDoc said:

Just Curious… what type of experience do others have that are applying. I am a paramedic with 20 years of experience, both military and civilian. I also hold a masters degree from UMD.

That's great! what is your Master's in?

10 minutes ago, GypsyDoc said:

My masters is in Chemical and Life Science. It's a biology (and some chem) based degree for educators to enhance their subject matter knowledge. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That rocks! Great stuff to know for PA school!

2 minutes ago, KenL282 said:

The timeline was super fast at least for me. I got the email to interview on a Wednesday, Interviewed that Saturday and was accepted the following Thursday. Talk about a crazy week!

Wow, that is fast!  Congratulations!!!When did your application go to the review committee?

Archived