2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, S6891 said:

Let us know how it goes!!!! Has anyone else received an interview invitation?

I won't disclose any specifics about the interview, but I think it went well! They are interviewing on a rolling basis and this was the first session so there will definitely be more interview invites to come. The program director said they may start sending out acceptances within the next few weeks. 

11 minutes ago, brandonhughey said:

I won't disclose any specifics about the interview, but I think it went well! They are interviewing on a rolling basis and this was the first session so there will definitely be more interview invites to come. The program director said they may start sending out acceptances within the next few weeks. 

Awesome! I'm glad it went well!

16 minutes ago, brandonhughey said:

Do you mind my asking when did you finish your application?

20 minutes ago, Fizzassist said:

Congrats!!! Good for you. How was the whole on-line element of the interview for you? Did it go smoothly, or was not being face-to-face glitchy or awkward in any way? Did they say how long until you find out? 

Congrats again!!! 

The interviews are held through Adobe Connect. Super painless. You just click on a link that they give you and then you're in. They said possibly within a few weeks. Not being face-to-face was a little awkward for me but it wasn't an issue. 

On 5/11/2018 at 11:26 PM, GypsyDoc said:

Who else applied for early decision? I received an email last week my application went for review. I just wish I would hear SOMETHING!

There are several of us that have...I know, this waiting can really test you! lol

On 5/11/2018 at 12:48 PM, brandonhughey said:

The interviews are held through Adobe Connect. Super painless. You just click on a link that they give you and then you're in. They said possibly within a few weeks. Not being face-to-face was a little awkward for me but it wasn't an issue. 

Do you mind sharing your GRE scores? I am scheduled to take it for the third time in June but not so sure i want to wait that long to apply here!

I also had my interview last Friday as well.  Very laid back interview. No curveballs to worry about at all.  The computer aspect I don't feel made that much of a difference, other than it is kind of awkward being able to see yourself while interviewing.  I applied on April 14th, since I had taken my GRE on April 13th.  I had about 2,900 patient care hours.  I worked as a hosptial volunteer, CNA, medical assistant, and clinical research coordinator. Also I have quite a bit of research under my belt. 

22 minutes ago, Sdgirl009 said:

I also had my interview last Friday as well.  Very laid back interview. No curveball to worry about at all.  The computer aspect I don't feel made that much of a difference, other than it is kind of awkward being able to see yourself while interviewing.  I applied on April 14th, since I had taken my GRE on April 13th.  I had about 2,900 patient care hours.  I worked as a hosptial volunterr, CNA, medical assistant, and clinical research coordinator. Also I have quite a bit of research under my belt. 

Sounds like you have a lot to offer!! My application was complete the same week. Over 30k hours of PCH, a master's and PhD. Did they say how many students they are taking in this class? 

1 hour ago, Sdgirl009 said:

I believe I heard/saw 45 students, so similar to the last cohort. 

Good luck,and I hope you hear something positive soon! Are the interviewing people they choose for an interview in the order that they received the  applications? Did they say how many people interview in each batch? Thanks for the answer! I know that they eventually want to enroll a much larger cohort in the future.

29 minutes ago, Sdgirl009 said:

Thanks for that! I would guess not (first applied, first interviewed) considering I sent mine in on the last day of the early deadline, but honestly I don't know too much on that front. There is an informational session for already interviewed students tomorrow, so maybe they will give us a better idea on numbers and a notification timeline then.

Are the interviewing each week?

6 minutes ago, modernlily16 said:

Yeah..they’ll continue to interview until the class is full, so hang tight. Interviews have only just started! 

Thanks! O need to stop looking for patterns, etc. Probably not good for my anxiety level! This program is my first choice....I love the group learning format the most

Archived