2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, sbjames6 said:

The thread has been pretty quite these last few weeks? Has anyone heard anything? Goodness, the wait is exhausting! :) 

Wish you all the best in your endeavors! 

Yeah, this forum has been very quiet for sometime bcos the principle of natural phenomenon has taken place. Those accepted have moved on and getting ready for January. Similarly, those rejected have moved on and either been accepted in another PA school or waiting or looking forward to another cycle next year. Alas! Don't loose hope, hang in there! Wishing y'all the very best.

8 hours ago, 250Rider said:

I have my interviews on Tuesday 10/24! It will be my first and only interview I’ve received. Any more advice or things I should prepare or have on hand for them? Thanks in advance!

Good luck!  I would say look over every question on google for "pa interview questions".  Also,  look up standard interview questions as well.  I didn't memorize anything, just think about what you might say.  Also, reread your essays and think of why you are going to make a good PA.  It gives you a confidence booster right before the interview, but don't be cocky, be confident ;)

3 hours ago, tamme81 said:

Good luck!  I would say look over every question on google for "pa interview questions".  Also,  look up standard interview questions as well.  I didn't memorize anything, just think about what you might say.  Also, reread your essays and think of why you are going to make a good PA.  It gives you a confidence booster right before the interview, but don't be cocky, be confident ;)

Ok great, I’ll make sure to do this! Thank you for the advice! I want this so bad!! Is the academic interview for going over my past academics? Like maybe a poor grade I had? Or more about the academics of PA school? Then is the personal interview just the typical PA school interview questions?

1 hour ago, 250Rider said:

Also, it sounds like you do the interview on your phone in the email I received? Is that how you guys did it since it says it uses your phone number? I was expecting it would be done over my laptop....

So you're supposed to log in through your laptop and then once you're in it asks you to enter your phone number. Once you do that you'll get a phone call that you receive and that's how the audio works. You will need headphones that you can connect with your phone to hear and listen properly. Hope that helps :) 

6 minutes ago, Maybe said:

So you're supposed to log in through your laptop and then once you're in it asks you to enter your phone number. Once you do that you'll get a phone call that you receive and that's how the audio works. You will need headphones that you can connect with your phone to hear and listen properly. Hope that helps :) 

Thank you so much for explaining this! I’m super nervous, so all the information helps!

5 hours ago, 250Rider said:

Ok great, I’ll make sure to do this! Thank you for the advice! I want this so bad!! Is the academic interview for going over my past academics? Like maybe a poor grade I had? Or more about the academics of PA school? Then is the personal interview just the typical PA school interview questions?

Both past and future academics, and personal can be anything.  Think of both strengths and weaknesses.  Be able to explain why you didn't do so well in one thing without being defensive or putting any blame on anyone.  Mine was my gre.  I explained how I prepared, why I thought I didn't do as well, and what I could have done to improve.  I can't go over specific questions as questions are confidential and they do state this.  But just don't over think it, don't over prepare, but take some time to know yourself...that part is harder than you think.  Good luck!

11 minutes ago, tamme81 said:

Both past and future academics, and personal can be anything.  Think of both strengths and weaknesses.  Be able to explain why you didn't do so well in one thing without being defensive or putting any blame on anyone.  Mine was my gre.  I explained how I prepared, why I thought I didn't do as well, and what I could have done to improve.  I can't go over specific questions as questions are confidential and they do state this.  But just don't over think it, don't over prepare, but take some time to know yourself...that part is harder than you think.  Good luck!

Thank you Tamme!

So everyone interviewing is for the January 2018 class? Does anyone have any idea when in January the program starts? My Genetics course finishes on January 12th and I’m hoping that won’t be an issue with a possible acceptance....

Just now, 250Rider said:

Thank you Tamme!

So everyone interviewing is for the January 2018 class? Does anyone have any idea when in January the program starts? My Genetics course finishes on January 12th and I’m hoping that won’t be an issue with a possible acceptance....

Just now, 250Rider said:

Thank you Tamme!

Orientation begins 1/4.  Classes start 1/8.

8 minutes ago, 250Rider said:

Thank you Tamme!

We have orientation on the 4th and 5th I believe.

19 minutes ago, 250Rider said:

Thank you Tamme!

From all the webinars attended and during interview, transcript for any pending pre-requisite must be received on or before December 15th.

My understanding of this is: 

If your class is a pre req, it absolutely needs to be finished before the start of class AND the transcript must also be delivered before the start of class. You will not be able to start and matriculate with the program if they do not receive the transcripts by that time. For example, if I am offered a seat in the program I MUST have my one pending course completed and transcripts arrived at Yale before the start of the program OR I will not be able to attend. 

Obviously, I recommend and encourage you to verify this with the staff/faculty at the program. This is just my understanding. 

On 10/21/2017 at 4:37 PM, sbjames6 said:

My understanding of this is: 

If your class is a pre req, it absolutely needs to be finished before the start of class AND the transcript must also be delivered before the start of class. You will not be able to start and matriculate with the program if they do not receive the transcripts by that time. For example, if I am offered a seat in the program I MUST have my one pending course completed and transcripts arrived at Yale before the start of the program OR I will not be able to attend. 

Obviously, I recommend and encourage you to verify this with the staff/faculty at the program. This is just my understanding. 

That is my understanding as well. They state that you must receive a grade of B or higher in any pending class to keep a seat, if admitted. 

Archived