2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

15 minutes ago, RunItOut said:

Has anyone that has been accepted received any additional paperwork after submitting the deposit? The admit packet said the LCE survey needed to be submitted within 10 days, but I still haven't received it.  

Email with links just came in about 30 minutes ago.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2017 at 0:34 PM, RunItOut said:

Has anyone that has been accepted received any additional paperwork after submitting the deposit? The admit packet said the LCE survey needed to be submitted within 10 days, but I still haven't received it.  

I received the surveys and other documents via email yesterday.  I also got a phone call scheduling a meet and greet session next week with the student support team.  Check your spam folder.  If nothing arrived, you may want to reach out to Kevin.

3 hours ago, PharmD said:

Online Genetic class@University of Phoenix (5 weeks), UC Beckly extension (3 to 6 months) UNE ( 16 weeks); does anyone know any other schools where genetic can be taken online apart from these three aforementioned? Thank you.

Oregon State has an online option. That's actually where I will be completing that prerequisite. It's somewhat tedious to get registered, but it gets good reviews and isn't nearly as much as UNE would be. Hope that helps!!

On 8/31/2017 at 6:00 PM, Weller92tsi said:

Still waiting.. I am currently in Genetics and Biochemistry ( not a prereq ) and my GRE scores were on the lower side.  Did anyone who get accepted still have pending classes or maybe a lower GRE?

I had all my prerequisites done, and my GRE scores were in the 48th percentile.  I made up for that in all of the other areas.  So as long as you have something else that will overshadow that and be able to explain your reasoning for the lower score, you should be fine.  If not, retake it.   Retakes are not looked down upon, it shows your improvement.  :)

13 hours ago, 406home said:

Oregon State has an online option. That's actually where I will be completing that prerequisite. It's somewhat tedious to get registered, but it gets good reviews and isn't nearly as much as UNE would be. Hope that helps!!

I'll check it out, thank you. All the best!

Hello All! I'm from Oregon, and got an email a few weeks ago from the online program that said they are waiting to hear if Oregon will be one of the approved states before the October 1 deadline. They said to be ready to apply last minute, if it's approved close to the deadline! Yikes!

Is anyone else from Oregon, or another state that is not yet approved? And does anyone know how many students they are accepting? I'm dying to know if Oregon is going to be approved before the deadline!

I emailed admissions, and they were not able to tell if it was at all possible or probable that Oregon would get improved in time. I'm hopeful, because I have a family that I can't move, and there are only 2 programs in Oregon. Both are excellent. But, I was hoping to increase my chances of getting in by applying to more schools.

21 minutes ago, RunItOut said:

Does anyone know when the school is supposed to receive an accreditation decision? My employer keeps asking about PA school and whether I'm leaving in Jan or next summer. I don't want to tell them Jan and let them start the process of replacing me if Yale, for some reason, doesn't get approved. 

The last I heard, Yale is expecting to hear by the end of September.  There is no firm date that I know of.

10 hours ago, RunItOut said:

Does anyone know when the school is supposed to receive an accreditation decision? My employer keeps asking about PA school and whether I'm leaving in Jan or next summer. I don't want to tell them Jan and let them start the process of replacing me if Yale, for some reason, doesn't get approved. 

I think the way it works is when a university meets the accreditation requirements, the provisional license is granted once classes start for the cohort.Therefore, it's likely is going to be January 2018 in the case of Yale's PA Online.

33 minutes ago, PharmD said:

I think the way it works is when a university meets the accreditation requirements, the provisional license is granted once classes start for the cohort.Therefore, it's likely is going to be January 2018 in the case of Yale's PA Online.

Where are you getting this information?  I am holding a spot in another program that also begins in January.  I plan to withdraw my application as soon as Yale receives accreditation.  I can't walk away from an excellent program only to find out in January that Yale isn't a 'go'.  I am going to reach out to my assigned student support sponsor at Yale tomorrow to confirm what I was told on Monday...  that a decision is expected by the end of September.

10 hours ago, PharmD said:

Kevin and Jim both have stated September, and Kevin told me he will let us know as soon as they know.  They can't get accredited-continuing until the first graduating cohort, but they will get provisional and that doesn't matter on the first class.  In fact, no program should start any class while not being accredited.  If they do or receive it this month, they will refund our deposit.  We should find out soon.  I know, my boss is trying to get me to stay till after January and I really need to give him a solid for sure date.  

I am guessing that September will be a relatively silent month with regard to decisions, interviews, and wait lists, due to the accreditation decisions this month. Last year the ARC-PA met with schools on September 9-10th, and the prior year it was September 9-12, 2015 meeting, according to the document I found on the web. 

Accreditation-Actions-2016S-3.2.2017.pdf

Archived