2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

Honestly My GRE scores were terrible for me personally.  I was open about it and Kevin was great and assured me that Yale takes a holistic approach in the whole process.  This is probably the only reason why I got an interview because Ive been completely discounted by not having a GRE above 50% V 142 Q148 W4.0 at other colleges and honestly Yale is a better school so I'm very excited.  I also have 12000+ hrs of PCE 3.63 GPA with 3.61 SGPA. 48 hrs of PA shadowing.  I even unfortunately have an F on my transcript from 2006. Many schools overlook it because I started my real road to PA school in 2013.  I still need genetics which I start this month ending in December. With that all being said we all have our mistakes and imperfections.  There is a place for us all and we need to find it. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just learned about this program a few weeks ago and am still working on my application. I plan to submit this week. For those of you who have received interviews, did you upload a CV/Resume? I am not sure if it will be beneficial or add anything that isn't already on the application for me. 

I just learned about this program a few weeks ago and am still working on my application. I plan to submit this week. For those of you who have received interviews, did you upload a CV/Resume? I am not sure if it will be beneficial or add anything that isn't already on the application for me. 

I applied in February, if not January, and I don't even remember the application honestly. But it can't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, vpoca said:

I don't remember if this was an option or not.  If the application allowed a CV, I am sure I uploaded mine.  If it won't slow down your submission, go ahead and attach it.

GRE:

Verbal 150 (69%)

Quant 157 (66%)

AWA 5.0 (93%)

Do y'all think the academic interview will include some sort of test/quiz on med terms? Or scenario work?

For example, a pt comes in to your cardiology office and states that he is out of pain medication but can't get in to see his pain management dr. What do you do?

I'm researching sample questions and different types of interviews. Since we have personal and academic, I'm curious to see how they are different. Any thoughts? Opinions? Insight?

2 hours ago, ChemTeach said:

GRE:

Verbal 150 (69%)

Quant 157 (66%)

AWA 5.0 (93%)

Do y'all think the academic interview will include some sort of test/quiz on med terms? Or scenario work?

For example, a pt comes in to your cardiology office and states that he is out of pain medication but can't get in to see his pain management dr. What do you do?

I'm researching sample questions and different types of interviews. Since we have personal and academic, I'm curious to see how they are different. Any thoughts? Opinions? Insight?

Nice job on the AWA score.  Writing quickly is not my strength.  I'm also trying to figure out what the academic interview will cover.  Given we only have 20 minutes and a few of those are allocated to Q&A, I don't imagine we'll be given scenarios.  I'm guessing they'll try to assess our ability to succeed in the didactic year given the online format.  I'm expecting questions around self-directed learning, technology competence, etc.  This will be my 5th PA school interview.  Only 2 have been similar formats.  I've learned to be ready for anything.

1 hour ago, lc3035 said:

Nice job on the AWA score.  Writing quickly is not my strength.  I'm also trying to figure out what the academic interview will cover.  Given we only have 20 minutes and a few of those are allocated to Q&A, I don't imagine we'll be given scenarios.  I'm guessing they'll try to assess our ability to succeed in the didactic year given the online format.  I'm expecting questions around self-directed learning, technology competence, etc.  This will be my 5th PA school interview.  Only 2 have been similar formats.  I've learned to be ready for anything.

5 interviews? Oh I'd love to pick your brain, this will by my first interview. I've read about 200 articles and blog posts but I would love to hear from an actual person

What were the most common questions? What questions tripped you

1 hour ago, ChemTeach said:

5 interviews? Oh I'd love to pick your brain, this will by my first interview. I've read about 200 articles and blog posts but I would love to hear from an actual person

What were the most common questions? What questions tripped you

I'd be glad to chat with you about all of this.  I've learned a lot.  Email me at lc3035@zoho.com and we can exchange cell numbers and find a time to talk.  I've done an MMI type interview, 2 closed format interviews, and one that was truly bizarre.  I have a spot in an on-campus school starting in January.  I'll give that one up if this opportunity works out.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, Pez said:

293 GRE here and I got an interview. But I have over 10,000 PCE and a 3.6+

wow! Hope I can get an interview to the on-campus program with low GRE as well (145 verbal). Last year the average acceptance was 80th percentile verbal. Mine is 26! lol.

cGPA: 3.94     sGPA: 3.97       Hours: 3200      GRE: 305

On 8/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, rosebud said:

I applied in July. Still haven't received an email saying my application is under review yet. Did everyone get that email?

I am in the same boat! I have emailed Kevin about it expressing concerns that I submitted before Aug 1 and am concerned. (Especially since i interviews are starting).  He doesn't seem concerned, but didn't really have an answer for me....  Did you contact anyone???

Same boat, I submitted in December 2016, a month after the application opened. Contacted Kevin last Friday and he said everything was completed and in queue; when I brought up issue of those who submitted a couple of months and got interview, he just said I have nothing to worry about. Maybe I won't need an interview rather and admission letter lol! Not a great GRE though.

cGPA 3.98, sGPA 4.0, verbal 145, Quant 146, AWA 3.0, HCE over 50,000hrs

I emailed him about it 2 weeks ago and didn't receive a response.  I was thinkin of calling him today.  Getting a little worried.

I received an email the day I submitted my application, titled "Application Submission Alert" but from reading the posts it sounds like there was a second email going out later.  Is that correct guys?

22 minutes ago, rosebud said:

I emailed him about it 2 weeks ago and didn't receive a response.  I was thinkin of calling him today.  Getting a little worried.

I received an email the day I submitted my application, titled "Application Submission Alert" but from reading the posts it sounds like there was a second email going out later.  Is that correct guys?

After the alert email, there was an application fee receipt email.  Then I got the "complete and under review email" early July with an invitation to interview received on 8/3.

After the alert email, there was an application fee receipt email.  Then I got the "complete and under review email" early July with an invitation to interview received on 8/3.

Yikes! Thanks for the info. I submitted in June and still no "complete and under review email". I will wait for a call back from Kevin and give an update when I hear from him.

6 minutes ago, rosebud said:

Yikes! Thanks for the info. I submitted in June and still no "complete and under review email". I will wait for a call back from Kevin and give an update when I hear from him.

Thanks for following up. I'm anxious to hear what he says.  He didn't really say much via email despite my very specific concerns/questions

Archived