2017-2018 Yale University - PA Online Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Michelinman said:

Thank you!! It is this Thursday 6/14. There were other openings Tues and Weds, but I cannot take off work with that short of notice, so they are flexible!! I felt like I should have taken the first spot, but I really  couldn't ? hopefully that doesn’t mean anything.

I think that shows responsibility! Very happy for you!

23 minutes ago, Fizzassist said:

Has anyone that applied after the early decision deadline received word that their application was verified? If so, when did you apply and when did you receive word? Also, congrats to all those that have received interview offers and good luck to everyone! 

I have not heard anything, one way or another. I submitted just before the early decision deadline in April and received an email 2 May that my application was going to be reviewed.

I have not heard anything either. I did call about a week ago, and was told that my application was still under review. There are some really qualified people on here still waiting, which still gives me some hope!! I am wondering; #1: have they denied anyone yet? and #2: Are they possibly extending the time for early decision applicants to get an admission decision past June 15th? I have tried to find on the website where that statement is that says we "early decision applicants should receive an admission decision by June 15th", and I can no longer find it. Makes me think they had to extend the time? If anyone does still see it on their most up to date web page, please post! Still hopeful  because of the many really competitive people still hanging in there/here?-I feel like I am in good company!! 

15 minutes ago, HighlandCH said:

Hi there! I got an email today for an interview tomorrow morning! I submitted my application at 11:55pm on April 14th! So don't give up hope. They're still offering interviews.

Congratulations!!! Good luck!

1 hour ago, HighlandCH said:

Hi there! I got an email today for an interview tomorrow morning! I submitted my application at 11:55pm on April 14th! So don't give up hope. They're still offering interviews.

I apologize for so many questions...but have they said anything about offering interviews for ED applicants after the 15th? Congratulations again!

• 2 months later...

On 5/26/2017 at 12:15 PM, twinpeaks12 said:

Don't compare apples to oranges, nurse practitioner model based on nursing model--8-12 hours of clinical training etc.  Word is that the Dean of the YSM said medicine can't be taught online--if not good enough for MDs is it good enough for PAs?  Do we need an online program with >210 PA programs existing now and no real end in sight to this expansion? Was there a needs assessment done by the YSM/PA program at Yale?  Me thinks the only thing assessed was how much EGOs needed to be stroked....

From what I can tell, the need is this: Most of the people being accepted into this program are awesome candidates that cannot relocate to a PA program. I know that HI doesn't even have a PA program. What do you think will happen when they can't get into a PA school close enough to home? They will become NPs, and subsequently our direct competition. We need to increase the number of PAs if we want to hold our own and advance our profession. Online PA programs, especially from a School as reputable as Yale, is one way we can attract future midlevels to our profession. 

Archived