KMKPA

Regulations for KY

Hey, does anyone know what the specific regulations are for KY with regards to this language in the statutes:

'A physician assistant shall not submit direct billing for medical services and procedures performed by the physician assistant.'

I'm the first PA in a moderately sized ENT group and the biller has questions pertaining to that statement. Do I always have to be billed under the physician? I will be running my own clinic when I'm trained...do they always have to bill under the docs?

Also, does anyone know what percentage of charts need to be signed by the SP? The language in the legislation is quite vague. Thanks!!

Don't know the official state rules.  I did some urgent care work in KY.  When I worked I was the only provider on site.  The doc read & signed all charts from home over the internet.  Don't know if it was for KY regulations or to get the 100% incident to billing reimbursement.